• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review:NXT Paste Wax on a Black Harley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review:NXT Paste Wax on a Black Harley

After cleaning up one of my black Harleys, I noticed considerable marring on the tank and fenders. I do not know how in the world it got there. I have always had this trouble with the bikes. I think that the wind must cause the marring. I used to wax the tank and fenders of my bikes with S100 after almost every wash. I think that the Harleys have incredibly soft paint and of course mine are black.

I didn’t have time to polish the bike so I applied NXT paste wax according to the directions on the can to see if the wax would hide some of the marring. I applied the wax with a sponge applicator and removed it with one of the new Supreme Shine Microfiber cloths. This is one very soft and plush polishing cloth.

The NXT paste wax took care of (hid) most of the marring. I’m sure that it will look just fine for the next couple of rides. The NXT paste wax is so darned easy to use I could, and probably will, apply it after every wash just like I did with the S100.

I really appreciate how easy the paste wax makes hand application. Oh, about the can -- I couldn’t twist the top off. No problem, I just popped it of with my fingers.

Tom

I really like the paste wax version. Easier than the liquid for hand application. Scottwax also applied it by machine and was very happy with the results.

Be careful not to overtighten the lid! There is a rubbergasket around the inside top of the lid to help seal so there is no need to overtighten it.

RamAirV1
    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1
      I really like the paste wax version. Easier than the liquid for hand application. Scottwax also applied it by machine and was very happy with the results.

Be careful not to overtighten the lid! There is a rubbergasket around the inside top of the lid to help seal so there is no need to overtighten it.

RamAirV1

Boy did I find that out in a hurry! I tend to over-tighten everything. (Hence the reason my favorite tool (besides my buffers) is my torque wrench! )

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1

RamAirV1 [/B]

sky8811

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');