• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2007 Nissan Altima broken glass interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Nissan Altima broken glass interior

My first extreme makeover was pretty exciting!

first thing in the morning i catch a ride the the clients house, once there i get a glimpse of the nature of the beast. it's bad.

the client would prefer silence so i take the car back to my house. once there i can properly study what is going on with the paint. keeping in mind i haven't looked in the back seat yet. oxidation is rampant on this one. paint is thoroughly dead.

first things first. put the trash out. now back to the car lets take some before pics and make a plan.

the hood

reflections from the hood

what i look like in the hood

let's wash it.

ONR
    Megs Window cleaner
    apc on the tires

after a wash

you can really see the swirls now

roof is in rather poor shape.

i then decided that i should clay the vehicle. see if the grit that i had felt on my towels had anything to do with that mess.

that came from the hood.

i forgot to get one from the roof. but it didn't help i promise. so while i was claying it hit me! hit it with some UP! bring that dead pain back to life!

i can see me.

i applied UP by hand over the entire vehicle then reached for the PCXP and DAMF system. lets go to work!
    i didn't really capture any mid way through compounding photos but i got some between the compound and the wax.

nice reflection there

much better. but wait until it's waxed and the the headlights are corrected.

don't mind my keys there

what else is there to say?

apparently i was wearing orange, who would have guessed.

now i turn my attention to the interior. (probably the reason you're looking at this thread.) i'll show you the broken glass first. it was everywhere. i only saw it in the one corner at first but when i removed the mats it was everywhere.

that could be dangerous.

i'll just throw some stained seats in there for good measure, unfortunately i forgot to grab afters of interioir. but i'll post a video of me dumping the stuff i got from it to youtube sometime tomorrow hopefully.

total time: 8:30-6:30 = 10 hours

process: wash, clay, polish, compound, finishing wax

results: 80-85% correction

cost to me: roughly $20

price: $150

thanks for reading guys! hope you enjoyed as much as i did.

Re: 2007 Nissan Altima broken glass interior

well that's disappointing. does anyone have any clue as to what i've done wrong posting the pics?

Comment

Damn, wish I could see some pics!

What was the logic behind polishing before compounding?
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

First I wanted to see if it was going to work. Second the paint was dead and I wasn't sure there were enough oils in the correcting compound to bring it back .
        The pictures are jn my gallary so I'm not sure why the didn't post.

Comment

let's try this:

before - hood

Comment

let's try this:

before - hood

i guess i'll just use the HTML then.

hood prior to wash.

before- side shot

my reflection on the side

roof after washing

halfway dirty clay

the swirls are apparent now.

reflection after applying UP

after compounding- 2 stage medium pressure 4 section passes
            you can also see that i ran a test on the drivers side headlight.

another good shot.

all done, waxed with finishing wax. looks pretty good.

much better.

same side as before, but a lot better.

probably my favorite shot.

almost the exact same crouched picture of me as before, but you can actually see me now.

Comment

Nice work - what a big improvement!
              Originally posted by Blueline
              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');