• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars Rain-X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars Rain-X

How bout something for glass like rain X

i know meguiars can out do it. Can't believe there is not something already

Re: Meguiars Rain-X

Although not specifically for glass, I use UQW (D156) for this purpose.

Works great and much easier to use than RainX IMO.
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

If you wanna go with meguiars, I'd do something like D156 too, and it is WAY easier to apply and be streak free than Rain-X; or just wax it, I've done that before too.

Or spend a couple more dollars and get Aquapel. That stuff is amazing and lasts at least 6 months. Definitely worth it if you live somewhere where it rains a lot!
      Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

I agree with using UQW or D156 on side/rear windows, works great. Not soo when used on my windshield.
        I prefer RainX on my windshield, the trick is applying it properly.
        Aquapel is extremely pricey...I recently bought a 3 pack...looking forward to testing on my 3 vehicles in the winter months.

Hopefully Megs develops a windshield product for 2014
        "STRIFE" aka Phil
        2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
        2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
        2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

they already make it. D156 Xpress Wax is all I use on outside window now.
          Makes them shine and resist dirty, dirty, dirty little things sticking to it.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Originally posted by Please Wash Me Detailing View Post
            they already make it. D156 Xpress Wax is all I use on outside window now.
            Makes them shine and resist dirty, dirty, dirty little things sticking to it.
            That I like.

Hows the beading, as in will the rain zoom off the windshield while driving like rain x does?

and, do you think any dirt that does stick comes off easier and/or do you find say after a rain that the windows are just cleaner.?

Comment

I use ProtectAll, or UQW.

Both work very well.
              I Never Use Signatures.

Comment

I'm sure Meguiars can "repackage" D156/UQW into a bottle call it something like Meguiars Window quikwax...it would sell like hotcakes at Walmart
                "STRIFE" aka Phil
                2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
                2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
                2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun88888888 View Post
                  That I like.

Hows the beading, as in will the rain zoom off the windshield while driving like rain x does?

and, do you think any dirt that does stick comes off easier and/or do you find say after a rain that the windows are just cleaner.?
                  It beads fines just like RainX, well RainX works a tad better but D156 works on trim and paint.
                  Yes waxed surfaces clean easer, that's just known fact.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');