• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Combo for Piano Black. (UWP + GCCP + GCCPQW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Combo for Piano Black. (UWP + GCCP + GCCPQW)

Hi all,

been reading and gathering information all over this awesome forum however i still have some questions and also the purpose of this post is to consolidate my gatherings and getting the brothers here for approval or feedback before heading out to get my new stash of meguiar's which is on sale till the end of the month! gotta hurry and decide.

What i have been doing:

Step 1: Prep will be washing and claying and swirlX.

Step 2: I have the Ultimate Wax Paste which i will give 2 thin coats 2 hours apart.

Step 3: Wash and Wax anywhere to maintain the shine and cleans it.

other products i do use are the endurance shine(smells like cookies and cream ice cream), supreme shine(smells like banana, i love it).

I love the whole project/steps, look forward to my detailing session everytime, even spraying the damn W&W anywhere, the shine and all. Marvelous.

Now,

here is what i am planning to do:

I wanna try the Gold Class Carnauba Plus and Gold Class Carnauba Quik Wax Spray to boost and maintain the shine.

so here is my questions:

1. Can i still use my Ultimate Wax before the Carnauba or is it waste of product and step with no/minimal benefits? I read people lay the UW as 1st coat and let it cure for at least 12hrs before applying GCCP.
    2. Will the wash and wax anywhere used in between affect my Carnauba shine, cleans away the carnauba or hinder next coat of GCCP ability to stick on the paint job?
    3. I want the best and is the GCCP the best carnauba product available?
    4. Where does the New Black Wax fit in? really confuse for this one, is it better than GCCP or is it a prep for GCCP.

Because i tried the GCCQW and i really like the wet wet dark look. Was sold on in.

Thanks all!

Re: Best Combo for Piano Black. (UWP + GCCP + GCCPQW)

sorry for the poor quality pics. instagram fault. haha

Comment

I would put an application of Meguiar's M07 Show Car Glaze (pure polish) on just before the wax step. That will provide more shine.
      2018 Acura RLX Tech - Majestic Black Pearl

Comment

Ok will do just that for the polishing step.

so now do I immediately go on to the GoldClass Carnauba? Or give 1 x Ultimate wax paste first and let it cure 12hrs before the Gold class carnauba wax...

to maintain it, I will use GoldClass Carnauba Quik Detailer first and then the GoldClass Carnauba Quik wax.

i am assuming GoldClass will give me more wet look than the Deep Crystal? and how about black wax? really tempting to get them as it is on sale. haha

Thank you so much. so many questions, so sorry bout that. THANKS ALL

Comment

Black Wax has some cleaners in it so it will remove some of what is already on there (polish and/or wax). It is an AIO (All in One) product meaning it does some cleaning, some polishing and some protection (i.e. wax).

I haven't used Gold Class CW or Deep Crystal so I can't differentiate them for you. I use M26 HiTech Yellow Wax after M7 Pure Polish or M21 synthetic sealant topped with M26 after M7.

I would stick with GC detailer and QW if you use GC wax, but Meguiar's products are typically compatible with each other.

One last thing, if you have a special day or night out, and car is pretty clean, a quick 10 minute application and wipe off of Final Inspection M34 spray will give you a quick liquid mirror look that will knock your socks off. It's like a QD and is available in spray bottle size and 1 gal (3.79L).

Comment

Disregard that last paragraph re: Final Inspection.

Comment

my meguiar's stash. (if you guys notice there isnt any polish stuffs thats because i let my friend do for me who has a DA and more patience for that bit. haha).. btw Meguiars stuffs are beyond expensive here but they were on 20-40% sale. got the Ultimate stuffs earlier the year, only just bought the goldclass recently. haha. really like the super wet look however...

I think i shall finished up my Ultimate combo first. UW+UQD+UQW

before i head on to my Gold Class Combo GCCW + GCQW. (dont have the GC quik detailer here tho)

thanks for the replies guys.. very clear now esp with the Black wax AIO bit.

lastly would the wash and wax anywhere clean away my Gold Class wax? any idea?

thanks a bunch

Comment

Anytime you are rubbing or wiping the car, you are taking something away. You won't see it or feel it but laws of physics does not exclude to car care.
                However, for our purposes because it is so minute and negligible, we can generally say that UWW will not wear out the wax.

Its awesome that you have so much enthusiasm for car care but in my humble opinion, you are over doing it. It won't hurt and I am sure there are positives, but you have to think about diminished return for the effort and work applied vs the result and not to mention it will hurt your wallet in the long run.

WASH
                CLAY
                CORRECT PAINT
                POLISH
                WAX - Wax with UW
                WAX - Let UW cure for 12hrs and follow up with GCP. Even this step might not be necessary as most will be able to tell the difference. Some do... but most can't.
                And then call it a day.

You can follow up on maintenance washes with a spray wax of your choosing to boost up your existing layer of wax as both GCQW and UQW are great products.
                QD's are for those maintenance wipe downs in between your washes only when the situation calls for it.... for example, light dusting or finger smearing when the car is otherwise clean. If you drove your car out of the garage, most likely you would use UWW instead of a QD with proper technique.

Lastly and in general, carnauba waxes does not last as long as fully synthetic waxes. UW is fully synthetic and is the longest lasting and best protecting wax Meguiar's makes.
                2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');