• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars products are too pricey!!(in Europe)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars products are too pricey!!(in Europe)

Hi

I live in Norway (Europe).

Ive recently purchased myself a rotary buffer, and have been looking into different brands cleaners/polishes/waxes.

I got great feedback from others on Meguiars Proffesional products like the #83, #82 and #80, and decided to try em out. But after checking with my dealer I almost fainted when I heard the retail price. For the #83 Dual Action Cleaner/Polish in a 32 oz/946ml bottle the retail price is $133 US. The same product costs $18,99US in meguiars.com e-store.
    I thought Meguiars wanted to have people using there products. With this price Im not going to buy Meguiars.....

Doesnt Meguiars in the US have some say in what the reatail price in other contries should be?

With these prices other brands will rule....

//Tom

Hi zipperno,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

I am in no way a expert in importing and exporting world, but I think a lot of what a product cost is determined by each countries taxes, duties, brokerage fees, on top of the cost of shipping and then the expense a company undertakes to warehouse and distribute a group of products.

I think it's more complicated then it appears. I will try to find someone that can weigh in on this matter however.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike.

Consider this:

1. There is no duty on car care products.

2. tax is 25%

Even if you add up these expenses the price is totaly insane.... I can get 3M and Auto Glym proffesional products for atleast half the price.....but I wont do that, I want my Meguiars stuff.

Ill guess Ill have to Import these myself.

Let me see.

*Shipping approx. 100 US (I checked)
      *Tax: 25%

If I buy several products Im saving loads of money........

//Tom

Comment

Well like I said, I don't know how prices are determined by different countries. It's not may area of expertise.

I will forward this link to a couple of different people and perhaps they can provide some insight.

Best I can do for you...
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Re: Meguiars products are too pricey!!(in Europe)

Originally posted by zipperno
          For the #83 Dual Action Cleaner/Polish in a 32 oz/946ml bottle the retail price is $133 US.

I thought NXT was expensive here, but that takes the cake!
          I imported DACP as well, but the reason was I can't find it anywhere locally.

Comment

I can feel your pain man!! in Bangkok, Thailand. I paid a sales price of NXT for 32.5$ ( at the show) and 30$ for quick detailer and a clay. These are on sales already. I think the retail price of NXT is 50$. The prices are rediculously high. I don't understand why they set the price this high. Are they trying to get rid of the product? These days, I ask my friend to buy MEG product from internet and airfrieght to me. It's even cheaper!!!..( 20% tax and 40$ worth of shipping ) I can never fully enjoy such wonderfull products

Just a complaint from the MEG lover from Thailand

Comment

NXT Tech wax in Australia is $45.00AU.

Way too expensive to use often.

I would rather have many customers where I make a small profit from each, then a few customers where with big mark-ups I get bigger profits. It's a bit of a rip off how the prices differ so much.

The McDonalds chain are able to sell their products worldwide at the same price, other should follow their example.

I know that taxes etc come into, but, the exorbitant cost of the product in most countries other than the US is way in excess of actual costs.

Comment

Originally posted by oldsalt
                The McDonalds chain are able to sell their products worldwide at the same price, other should follow their example.
                Sort of. I was State side a couple of years back, a McD's meal was about $6 USD (Same price in Canada), the Canadian dollar was $0.70 to the USD. Doing the converstion that meal was $8 CAD.

Comment

That is very high prices indeed!

Meguiars would do well to open up factories in other parts of the world, since their products sell so well.

I feel sorry for people in ther countries that have to pay such high taxes. Now that the EU is forming, people will have to pay extra tax for that too!
                  r. b.

Comment

I think that an explanation from Meguiars about excessive prices and the absence of some products for overseas buyers is warranted.

Taxes, currency conversion and bulk sea freight is only a very small component of the retail cost for each individual item exported.

Either Meguiars sell at a higher price to overseas distributors or the distributors are adding an excessive margin.

A factory in Asia is a great idea, it would service the whole of the pacific region and the labour is cheaper.

Any answers please?

Comment

Well I totally agree that we cant get the same prices as in the US. But when/if distributors are adding an excessive margin it makes me mad. I also feel these distributors "hurt" the Meguiar product, because people use other brands.

I ordered several Meguiars products today from the US:

Qty: 1 Compound power cleaner M8432 $12.95
                      Qty: 1 Dual Action Cleaner M8332 $17.95
                      Qty: 2 Swirl Free Polish M8201 $29,90
                      Qty: 1 Speed Glaze M8032 $14.95
                      Qty: 1 Show Car Glaze M0716 $8.90
                      Qty: 3 NXT Tech Wax G12718 $41,85
                      Qty: 2 Soft Buff Cutting Pad W7000 $21,80
                      Qty: 4 Soft Buff Polishing 8" W8000 $43,60
                      Qty: 4 Soft Buff Finishing 8" W9000 $43,60
                      Qty: 1 Final Inspection M3416 $6.99
                      Qty: 1 Supreme Shine Microfiber x2020 $9.90
                      Qty: 1 Quick Clay System G1116 $9.90
                      Qty: 2 Sanding Backing plate E7200 $5.70
                      Qty: 1 Unigrit 2500 papers S2525 $21,90
                      ------------------------------------------------------------
                      TOTAL $289,89

These products in Norway costs approx. $1200

This aint right.......

//Tom

Comment

Im going to start importing Meguiars into my country myself for the same reason. Although I am only doing Detailer line for my own shops use, dont know how legal it would be to import a consumer line and bypass the european distributor.

Prices here are also 3 times USA prices. I would like to be a authorized distributor but I porbably will not be able to meet Meguiars requirements, not sure. Another downside to the retailer here that carries Meguiars consumer products is that the last one I ran into at a show here, they guy that had them was actually stoned.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I have to humble myself and admit that my area of expertise is to do my best to answer people's questions on how to use our products, in short, how to get the best results from your time, money and efforts.

I'm not all that familiar with all the factors involved with exporting products and setting up distribution into other countries. So please bare with me as I do my best to sort this out and obtain answers.

Thank you.
                          Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by zipperno
                            I ordered several Meguiar's products today from the US:

Qty: 1 Compound power cleaner M8432 $12.95
                            Qty: 1 Dual Action Cleaner M8332 $17.95
                            Qty: 2 Swirl Free Polish M8201 $29,90
                            Qty: 1 Speed Glaze M8032 $14.95
                            Qty: 1 Show Car Glaze M0716 $8.90
                            Qty: 3 NXT Tech Wax G12718 $41,85
                            Qty: 2 Soft Buff Cutting Pad W7000 $21,80
                            Qty: 4 Soft Buff Polishing 8" W8000 $43,60
                            Qty: 4 Soft Buff Finishing 8" W9000 $43,60
                            Qty: 1 Final Inspection M3416 $6.99
                            Qty: 1 Supreme Shine Microfiber x2020 $9.90
                            Qty: 1 Quick Clay System G1116 $9.90
                            Qty: 2 Sanding Backing plate E7200 $5.70
                            Qty: 1 Unigrit 2500 papers S2525 $21,90
                            ------------------------------------------------------------
                            TOTAL $289,89

These products in Norway costs approx. $1200

This ain't right.......

//Tom
                            Hi Tom,

Please take this the right way, because I don't live where you live, and for that reason it's hard to check to see the $1200.00 figure you have posted, is there a way you could show this?

This could be as simple as taking a digital camera and taking a picture of our products and the prices you have stated they are being sold at? Or perhaps a sell sheet, or flyer, or receipt?

Thanks,

Mike
                            Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike

I only got a pricequote from my local Meguiars dealer by phone.

#83 DACP 320z - 825 NOK
                              #83 DACP 1 gal - 1556 NOK
                              8" Polishing Pad - 363 NOK

I estimated the other prices.

1 USD = 6,5 NOK

I will contact them again by e-mail to get all prices.

I was also contacted by Meguiars Sales Director in Europe, Mr David Pykett so I guess they are looking into it.

//Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');