• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting my Inventory right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting my Inventory right

Hey guys!
    Needed some recommendations here. I've finally found the place to get Meguiar's product and below are my choices that I've picked:

1. Meguiar's DA Polisher 220V2 (my christmas present for myself)
    2. Three 2.0 soft buff 7" DA waxing/finishing and One DA compounding/cutting pad
    3. Meguiar's Water Magnet Drying Towel
    4. Meguiar's Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel Pack of 3
    5. Meguiar's Microfiber Wash Mitt
    6. Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay Kit
    7. Meguiars Ultimate Compound G17216
    8. Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax G18216
    9. Meguiars Ultimate Polish G19216
    10. 5" Hand polishing/waxing applicator (with 3 Velcro-backed applicator pads)
    11. Meguiars Foam Applicator Pad Pack of 4
    12. Two 2.0 Finishing pad

I'm thinking of getting a few more pads and smaller backing pads if budget allows and at the mean time will be using hand on those smaller sections of the pillars. Am I missing something else? Suggestion widely accepted. Before this car I'm used to proper hand techniques and have no issue, just wrong procedure on products as soft99 are mostly in Japanese.

What I'm trying to achieve is to remove most if not all of the swirl marks as well as 4 trails of tree sap markings from the white paint. I can't really stand it knowing that it was there. Unfortunately its impossible for me to get the Professional Series in my country, so far only consumer line of products. Even NXT are hard to come by.

Re: Getting my Inventory right

So far it looks good. Good choice to go with the ultimate line: Ultimate Compound/Polish/Wax. Meguiar's does not recommend to use burgundy foam cutting pads with G110/220 dual action polishers mostly due to possible intense micro-marring and heat build up during long high speed buffing cycles. The new foam cutting discs (new product for 2015) can be used with those polishers. In most cases yellow polishing pads will remove majority of paint defects. Don't forget interior, exterior, glass and tire products. Quik Interior Detailer Cleaner, Ultimate Black/Protectant, Perfect Clarity Glass Cleaner and Endurance Tire Gel are my favorite.

Comment

If Ultimate Line is is great stuff. Looks like you have a good start. I can't make a good recommendation on the pads for your DA because I use a different brand and I am still somewhat new to DA use myself, but I will tell you that you car will look awesome and you will get those swirls out for sure with the DA. So, someone else will probably chime in on the DA. The only other thing I might recommend you pick up if you can is some quick detailer/quick wax for maintenance. Also, the clay is fine, but if you haven't heard of the Nanoskin Autoscruber, Google it. I just started using it by the recommendation of another member here and I won't go back to clay. Much easier and quicker than clay, and if you can order from eBay, they can be had for around $30. Be sure to post some pictures and good luck.
      2017 Lexus RX 350 - Satin Cashmere Metallic
      2016 Honda Odyssey Touring - Crystal Black Pearl
      2010 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 - Royal Red Metallic

Comment

Oh the burgundy pad is part of free product by the seller. Sadly I can't have access to all if not most interior detailing product. So I'm stuck with soft 99 interior detailing products for the moment while I source for a wider range seller.

But I've add on the convertible vinyl cleaner and protector to the list. As for the nano scrubber I'll be sure to have a look and see how I can get it from ebay.

Thanks for the chime in guys. Will wait a lil more before I started buying all those in the list. Since now I'm building up the list and going to purchase them one off so I'm not short of anything while halfway detailing.

Comment

I would add a pad cleaning brush
          And get urself 5 of the yellow polishing Soft buff 2.0 pads, and 4 of the black finishing soft buff 2.0 pads. U will need a few pads of each just to do 1 car as u have to switch them out after while.

I would also get rid of the hand application tool and spend that money somewhere else such as more pads or a set of the 4" pads.

Comment

Don't go with the pads, go with the new discs,look under the 2015 products, those are the way to go. But everything else looks great!

Comment

Do yourself another favor and look into their NEW DA Polisher MT300. They recently announced it at this year's SEMA and ready to ship by end of this month at most sites.

Take a look at it and make a decision of which best suits you, the 220V2 vs MT300. You have options..! You can look at previous posts for reviews and video demos

Comment

Too bad, at my place it seems it would need another year or two before the MT300 drop by. Am taking the advice of adding in a few more foam pads and have written it down. Cutting of the hand applicators pad since I still have about 5 of em.

So I'll be taking the 220v2 DA it seems, hope to learn more here in MOL!

Comment

Check out autogeek.net detailing.com, they have it online for pre-order and tentatively shipping late this month.

Regardless, you're making a great decision going with either Meguairs machine. You'll be very happy!

Comment

I suggested the pads cuz it doesn't look like he's in the us and I don't know when that will hit his market. Along with the new da as I thought the 220 version will b awhile out as well. If it is the yes the new 2015 is the way to go but I think they are a way off overseas before seeing these new products. But still the 220v2 is still a good machine but if u want to wait awhile before buying then yes the new da would b nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarhead0754 View Post
                      I suggested the pads cuz it doesn't look like he's in the us and I don't know when that will hit his market. Along with the new da as I thought the 220 version will b awhile out as well. If it is the yes the new 2015 is the way to go but I think they are a way off overseas before seeing these new products. But still the 220v2 is still a good machine but if u want to wait awhile before buying then yes the new da would b nice.

I didn't notice he was over seas, questionable indeed when 2015 parts will be available. Never the less, 220v2 is a great machine and can't go wrong with what he has already listed to get.

Happy detailing!

Comment

Hmm.... I'm fine with both since i'm yet venturing into serious paint correction. So off I go with 220v2. Then will go with foam pads 1st. Will be getting my stuffs on Tuesday, hopefully I can make her ready by Saturday night. Got a gathering for same make cars.

Cheers

Comment

Good luck! That's enuf to get u started and a good start at that.

Comment

I'm now waiting for the mailman as we speak. Getting very excited as I don't really get a good night sleep. lol. felt like a 8 years old waiting for his Christmas toy now.

Comment

If it's not too late, I would change the 7 inch pads for 5.5 inch. The 5.5 inch work a lot better with traditional DA's. 7 inch tend to bog down easier.

Also, add in some 4 inch pads for smaller areas.
                              Originally posted by Blueline
                              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');