• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Liquid Wax + Collinite + Ultimate Quik Wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Liquid Wax + Collinite + Ultimate Quik Wax?

Don't get me wrong, I love my ULW, the ease of use, the look and feel it gives to the paint and the durability, but I'm not thrilled about how fast the beading/sheeting fades away.

I have some Collinite 915 (Insulator Wax) and some 476s (Super Double Coat) in the garage and I was thinking of topping the ULW with one of these. My question is, can I still use Ultimate Quik Wax over the Collinite? Or will I need to use a quik wax that is carnauba based?

My 7 month, lack of care "test" of the Ultimate Wax with almost no fading from my SS paint leads me to believe that something was still there on the paint protecting it, so I'm not questioning the UW durability, just it's beading/sheeting capabilities ... for some reason though, the front and rear bumper covers maintain high beading properties even when the beading on the body panels has faded.

Could it be the carwash soap I'm using (Gold Class) that's leaving something behind and diminishing the beads?

Waxes and sealants and coatings ... Oh My ... I'm so confused
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Re: Ultimate Liquid Wax + Collinite + Ultimate Quik Wax?

Last Years winter was ULW then later topped with Collinite 845......and maintained all winter with D156.
    Ultimate quik wax works on anything in my book....Using it over Wolfgang dgps now.

Comment

When applying a fresh coat of wax the beading will look amazing on the first rainfall after that wax. And on the 2nd rainfall even tho the beading doesn't look as good as if u freshly waxed it, it still is beading and protecting it.

Comment

You should be fine using UQW over Collinite.

Also, UQW does actually contain a little carnauba.
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I don't think Gold Class Shampoo has any adverse affect on beading. It states right on the label that it doesn't compromise wax protection. IMO that statement stands 100% true when compared to dish soap [which some everyday Joes use to wash their cars]

Keep in mind that car wash soap, at least a quality 1 like Gold Class is not a detergent. It simply provides lubricity to be able to safely lift dirt away from the surface without scratching. It also has conditioners to boost shine. Dawn on the other hand is a detergent/degreaser, and will strip wax.. However, you'll be hard pressed to see most waxes/sealants survive past 8 normal handwashes.

Comment

I'm also wondering if I should be using Ultimate Wash as well, seeing how it's part of the "Ultimate System." Too, one of the Mikes, (I think it was Phillips) mentioned that every time you wipe your finish, you can be adversely affecting the wax/sealant coating. So since I used UQD approximately 5 times as a drying agent after a wash in a space of two weeks ... I HATE my car being dirty-pollen, dust, rain markings in the dust/pollen etc would that also affect the beading characteristics of the ULW?

Like I said, I don't doubt the protective abilities of the ULW, it's just the lack of beading OR sheeting after a short period that get to me. Maybe I'M the problem by washing too much & that maybe I should let it stay dirty for a few days? But, I don't see THAT happening.
            Don
            12/27/2015
            "Darth Camaro"

Comment

Instead of using UQD to give you more water to dry.. Why not avoid having to do a whole wash and use it to wipe off that light dust? Or is pollen a bit too much for a quik detailer to handle? I've never experienced the pollen situation.

You'd love some D115. It's pretty much all I use on the cars here at home now.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
                ... Or is pollen a bit too much for a quik detailer to handle? I've never experienced the pollen situation.
                Let's put it this way... even The Wife noticed that my car looked yellow instead of red, and at my parent's house, it's even worse, when you drive away from there it's like a dust storm rolling up your hood.

Going on the "Like Removes Like" theory (where if you get too much polish on the paint and it won't come off, a bit more polish will remove it) I'm wondering if the same thing (in theory) works with Ultimate Wax ... UQD is similar to UW, but is it "like" enough to remove the UW ... like a light oil (WD-40) will dissolve heavy oil (grease) ... just things that make you go HMMM.
                Don
                12/27/2015
                "Darth Camaro"

Comment

Yea I see what you mean. But UQD is supposed to leave the surface water fearing right? I've never tried UQD myself. I can say that the D115 leaves the paint slicker than I've ever felt. Even on my dads Tacoma, which used to be a rough oxidized mess.

I'm pretty sure the D115 has gone way past interfering with my LSP. But it beads and continuously protects quite respectfully on its own, so I'm not complaining.

Comment

UQD works fine as a drying aid. Also it's not a problem using any car wash soap. The wax in ultimate is not meant to be durable. It's meant to give you that freshly waxed look. It will not last that long.
                    99 Grand Prix
                    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
                      Instead of using UQD to give you more water to dry.. Why not avoid having to do a whole wash and use it to wipe off that light dust? Or is pollen a bit too much for a quik detailer to handle? I've never experienced the pollen situation.

You'd love some D115. It's pretty much all I use on the cars here at home now.
                      Just judging by what I walked out to Yesterday after washing my car the day before... The pollen is more than Quik Detailer can handle. It sounds like Don is running into similar amounts of pollen we are getting this year in CO.

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                        The wax in ultimate is not meant to be durable. It's meant to give you that freshly waxed look. It will not last that long.
                        Michael, can you clarify what you mean by this? UW is quite a long lasting sealant IME.
                        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                          Michael, can you clarify what you mean by this? UW is quite a long lasting sealant IME.
                          Meant to say Don using Ultimate Wash & Wax. Not UW.
                          99 Grand Prix
                          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Of course... makes sense now.

Comment

So is topping ULW with Collinite and maintaining it with UQW a good idea?
                              Don
                              12/27/2015
                              "Darth Camaro"

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');