• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Liquid Wax + Collinite + Ultimate Quik Wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ultimate Liquid Wax + Collinite + Ultimate Quik Wax?

I'm saying 'yes', with the Collinite being optional.
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
      However, you'll be hard pressed to see most waxes/sealants survive past 8 normal handwashes.
      Are you saying after roughly 8 normal 2 buckets a person should think about a recoat, even with a sealant?

Comment

Originally posted by Don View Post
        So is topping ULW with Collinite and maintaining it with UQW a good idea?
        I would pick one and use it with UQW.

Originally posted by Spazzz View Post
        Are you saying after roughly 8 normal 2 buckets a person should think about a recoat, even with a sealant?
        I'm not agreeing with this but anything is possible. I guess it can depends on the surrounding environment or the possibility of the surface being contaminated with something that looks to have removed the sealant/wax. When I was doing that little test with all three Meguiar's sealants, they were still present after 10 washes. With a wax I could see this being more true but not with a sealant.

As a matter of fact my mom's 96 regal has Detailer's Pro Poli-Coat paint sealant and it's been on the car just over 7 months. The car's been washed more than 8 times and no spray waxes used. The car sits out 24/7 exposed to bird bombs and tree sap just to name a few things.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by Spazzz View Post
          In the summer, I don't think I go that long anyway, I'll see what happens if I start using Collinite as a topper.
          Don
          12/27/2015
          "Darth Camaro"
          2013 Camaro ... triple black
          323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Sealant i.e. ULW, yes. However I'll admit I'm extremely OCD when it comes to 2 things, tire shine and beading.. From my personal experience, beading from a quality LSP is super relentless when the vehicle is rinsed during the 1st wash. For me, that's the pinnacle of detailing. Lol.

2nd wash, still looking good.. 3rd wash, ok. 4th wash, beading definitely not quite as fierce as it once was.. 5th wash, I'm feeling like Don is feeling in OP... 6th wash, the difference in beading is an early warning sign that contaminants could be on the horizon. This is when I begin to consider re applying a coat of wax.. 7th wash, wax now, or regret it later.. 8th wash, beads? What beads? Lol. I'll pay for my laziness by having to clay in the near future... I've let it get to that point. I've also learned to prevent it from reaching that point. Claying is cool and all, but for me it's even better to go a yr+ and still pass the baggie test.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

I think it's time for you to upgrade to a coating.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

No need.. I've upgraded to D115. It allows me wash as often as I like and maintains a waxed surface nonstop. Paints never felt smoother, and judging by the last time I actually got the hose out to do a traditional wash, [last time it rained] it bead water comparable to the freshest coat of wax.

It even makes me look eco friendly without even trying

Comment

I understand what you mean about the D115, but I'm a 'regular' wash guy. I prefer to know that I am flooding the dirt & contaminates off the surface before, during and after washing. I think I'm going to try ULW as my base (applied 4 days ago) and top it with Collinite 476s to see what happens.
                  Don
                  12/27/2015
                  "Darth Camaro"
                  2013 Camaro ... triple black
                  323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Ultimate Wax is quite durable, especially in combination with Ultimate Quik Wax. I say if you're satisfied with the look and durability of Ultimate Wax and UQW, you can skip the Collinites. In my experience, Collinite (whether it be 845 Insulator Wax, 476s Double Coat or 915) can change the look of Ultimate or even NXT 2.0.

However, being a regular car guy, I also have experience with the Collinites, and love them just as much as Meguiar's Synthetic waxes. I say do a comparison between Ultimate Wax only side and Ultimate Wax+Collinite and see if the difference is enough to justify the extra step.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');