• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hood badly damaged from old clear bra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hood badly damaged from old clear bra

Phone number color definitions:
    Purple = Phone number is not in BETTI
    Red = Phone number is in BETTI on an existing SP or Consumer
    Green = Phone number is a metered number owned by HomeAdvisor

So the clear bra on my hood became brittle before I could get it removed. When I did there are many small marks on the hood that do not come off by hand polishing. I had to remove it in very small pieces with my fingernail. Has anyone else experienced this and if so were you able to have them removed by using a buffer? The car is a 2008 Infiniti G37 and the bra was on for 5 years.

Thanks

Re: hood badly damaged from old clear bra

I would use steam or heat before I tried removing it with a buffer.

Comment

Sorry, misread this... I meant steam or heat to remove the clear bra.

Comment

The clear bra is all removed now but the paint has lots of small kind of spider looking discolorations where the bra had cracked. These discolorations feel smooth and won't buff out with polishing compound and hand buffing. The car is silver and these discolorations are a darker shade.

Comment

You might want to move up to a compound or possibly right to a machine. You can only do so much by hand.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');