• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PlastX and g110v2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PlastX and g110v2?

My girlfriend's headlights are pretty heavily yellowed and clouded, I have my da and I was wondering if that would be enough with plastx to clean it up... Or if I would need to get the sandpaper out?

If sandpaper, I was thinking of starting at 1000, then 1500 - 2000 - 2500 - 3000 - plastx + g110v2

Re: PlastX and g110v2?

Do you have any photos?
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

If they are clouded then start with 2000 wet sandpaper then 3000 then plastex. Remember to finish with some plastic protectant so it doesn't just get yellowed again.

Comment

You should not start with heavy grit unless the 2000 doesn't work. Tape off the area around it so you don't scratch the cars paint.

Comment

Originally posted by FriboRage View Post
          My girlfriend's headlights are pretty heavily yellowed and clouded, I have my da and I was wondering if that would be enough with plastx to clean it up... Or if I would need to get the sandpaper out?

If sandpaper, I was thinking of starting at 1000, then 1500 - 2000 - 2500 - 3000 - plastx + g110v2
          always start with the least abrasive method/product first (unless you know with certainty/experience, for example, that 3000 grit isn't enough). Without seeing photos it's hard to say. But It Certainly wouldn't hurt to try PlastX-- heavy yellowing/cloudiness will probably require something more.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');