• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G2000 Perfect clarity headlight kit - any way to improve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G2000 Perfect clarity headlight kit - any way to improve?

After doing much reading and comparing, I think I've settled on the perfect clarity headlight restoration kit - but I'm wondering if the results can be improved upon. Some have noted that this kit has improved clarity, but that headlights may still seem "blurry clear". I'm wondering if this can be avoided.

I've read that the finest grit to clean/polish the headlights before application of the UV sealant in this kit is 3000 - I assume this is to give the sealant more surface area to adhere for durability.

Questions:

1. With the included scotch brite pad and liquid compound, does anyone know the equivalent grit this would leave the headlights.

2. Would one see any improvement (after using the supplied pad and compound) to continue sanding up to 2500 or 3000 grit before applying the UV spray?

3. If so, would there be much difference in doing by hand vs a drill w/ attachment?
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');