• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

You're right, those automatic washes would decrease the life of UFF or any wax/sealant for that matter. I'm not sure by how much in this case though...
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by fordf150 View Post
      Has anyone been watching the longevity of this product?

I know the product claims say a year, I'm assuming that is mostly hand washed with one of Meguiars products. Where I live in Minnesota for about 6 months most of us are limited to tunnel washes where they likely use a high detergent soap. So hypothetically would UFF provide protection for that time period if one is using a tunnel wash on their vehicle 2-3 times a month?
      After about 6 months AND tunnel washes, I must say it APPEARS to still be 'active'.

I applied UFF over Ult Wax (liquid) and still have pretty good beading.

One thing I did do was to (on the snow blower) was to just use Ult Wax on one side of the auger housing and UW plus UFF on the other side. Just from that weak experiment it seems that UFF/UW does last longer.

Yea, this has been one long winter! Is there still any grass under all this snow?

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
        You're right, those automatic washes would decrease the life of UFF or any wax/sealant for that matter. I'm not sure by how much in this case though...
        Yes given the many variables indeed it is how to say with certainty how long UFF can last. That is why Dallas Paint Protection (from Youtube) prefers to do UFF after every wash...since it is so cheap, easy, and effortless!

Comment

Originally posted by BillE View Post

Yea, this has been one long winter! Is there still any grass under all this snow?

Bill
          Temps are warming and the snow is going fast
          2019 Ford F-150 XLT SPORT 4X4 Ecoboost

Comment

can i apply after clay, ultimate polish, ultimate wax?

Comment

^^ Sure... in fact, perfect combo!
              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

^^ Sure... in fact, perfect combo!
                Thanks !!!

Comment

I've, clayed and applied fast finish. Can fast finish be used as a spot treatment, or should I use quick detailer?

Comment

Originally posted by larlev View Post
                    I've, clayed and applied fast finish. Can fast finish be used as a spot treatment, or should I use quick detailer?
                    Anytime you are looking to remove dust or fingerprints, you would be best suited to first use a quick detailer, and if desired follow with UFF.

Comment

Originally posted by drumdan View Post
                      Anytime you are looking to remove dust or fingerprints, you would be best suited to first use a quick detailer, and if desired follow with UFF.
                      Thanks, exactly what I was curious about.

Comment

Picked up 5 cans of FF at WW for 5.00 each. Just got a new Subaru Outback and plan on polishing it out this weekend. I know the FF won't last as longn as a ceramic coating and I hvae a dilemma. Obviously coatings are more finicky to apply and of course more expensive.

Would you put out say 60 for a coating and do it yourself and get 1-2 years or use the cheap cans of FF? I know it won't last as long but I would like some opinions here.

thank you.
                        2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring - Crystal White Pearl

Comment

In theory, an application of UFF should last 1 year, so with your 5 cans, you have about 30 years worth of protection!

Personally, I would just use the UFF you already purchased..

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Hufnagel View Post
                            Picked up 5 cans of FF at WW for 5.00 each. Just got a new Subaru Outback and plan on polishing it out this weekend. I know the FF won't last as longn as a ceramic coating and I hvae a dilemma. Obviously coatings are more finicky to apply and of course more expensive.

Would you put out say 60 for a coating and do it yourself and get 1-2 years or use the cheap cans of FF? I know it won't last as long but I would like some opinions here.

thank you.
                            It really depends on what your end goal is. If you want to try a coating then by all means go for it. They are not as difficult as one thinks.

I have gone the coating route and have not looked back.

Also coatings are not that expensive as there are so many online retailers that have sales.

UFF seems to be a nice product. I had it for 4 months and it was pretty good. Wasn't as hydrophobic as a coating but it was pretty good. It does do well with dust accumulation and keeping the car looking cleaner. In an ideal climate 1 year may be achievable but realistically 6 months would be pushing it. The benefit is it is easy to apply.

As far as a coating, a lot goes into the prep work. Some are turned off by that prep work. But then there are some that prep the surface the same as when applying a sealant. So it is not that much different.

One also has to understand the limitations of a coating and understand what to expect. A coating is not a miracle product.
                            99 Grand Prix
                            02 Camaro SS

Comment

In theory, an application of UFF should last 1 year, so with your 5 cans, you have about 30 years worth of protection!

Personally, I would just use the UFF you already purchased..
                              Thank you for your thoughts. I'm thinking that's the way I want to go for now.

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                                It really depends on what your end goal is. If you want to try a coating then by all means go for it. They are not as difficult as one thinks.

I have gone the coating route and have not looked back.

Also coatings are not that expensive as there are so many online retailers that have sales.

UFF seems to be a nice product. I had it for 4 months and it was pretty good. Wasn't as hydrophobic as a coating but it was pretty good. It does do well with dust accumulation and keeping the car looking cleaner. In an ideal climate 1 year may be achievable but realistically 6 months would be pushing it. The benefit is it is easy to apply.

As far as a coating, a lot goes into the prep work. Some are turned off by that prep work. But then there are some that prep the surface the same as when applying a sealant. So it is not that much different.

One also has to understand the limitations of a coating and understand what to expect. A coating is not a miracle product.
                                Won't hurt to try I guess - I'm wondering if I decide to do a coating before winter; how easy/hard it would be to strip the UFF?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');