• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metro Vac Vac N Blo as a touchless dryer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metro Vac Vac N Blo as a touchless dryer

I love my Meguiars detailing process a lot and have been using a leaf blower for drying. I have some physical limitations in my neck as I get older and I want to switch to a dryer I can sling over my shoulder or rig into a backpack so I am only lifting a hose and nozzle to get the angle needed for touchless drying. I find the leaf blower moves a lot of water and is efficient for whole car drying.

I don't want to be waving a little nozzle back and forth over and over as I see in videos with the little Metro Vac Sidekick. I also need a vacuum and so I am looking at the Metro Vac Vac N Blo.

Anyone know if the Vac N Blo with it's relatively small nozzle is as efficient for drying as a leaf blower?

Re: Metro Vac Vac N Blo as a touchless dryer

I have the Metro Master Blaster (8hp) and it works extremely well. I cant speak to the Vac N Blo but with it being 4hp, I assume it will work well. I personally don't like the idea of a blower and vacuum in one when drying a car as I feel that something may get stuck in the hose when vacuuming which will inevitably blow onto the car when trying to dry, which is why I went with the master blaster. Another option is McKee's 37 Turbo dryer which comes with a shoulder strap.

Autogeek is your number one car care source for auto detailing supplies, the best car wax, car care products, car polishes, auto accessories, polishers, and car detailing tools store.

Comment

Re: Metro Vac Vac N Blo as a touchless dryer

Great point about using a vac to blow. Will search around for comments here about the Turbo Dryer (It's now called McKees Turbo Dryer). It's been panned as mediocre on Amazon which is surprising as it has 6.5HP. But it's specs are the same as my leaf blower. I think the 6 foot hose knocks it down in performance. Love that hose handle though. I think I'll play around rigging some 2.5" hose on my leaf blower.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');