• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toyota RAV 4 time for a detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota RAV 4 time for a detail

Hi All,

i currently have a 2010 Toyota RAV4 Cruiser which is a grey colour. I have had the car about 3 years and I must admit I have not given it the care that my other cars in the past have had.

I am planning to do a detail this weekend, I have never owned a Toyota so not sure what products work best, prior I have owned white cars

Below is my plan

1. Wash with NXT wash
    2. Clay car
    3. Remove bad tar stains will try and remove with clay, can anyone suggest any good products?
    4. UC OR scratch x to remove scratches the owner before was female and all under the door handles especially rear cargo door has nail or wedding ring marks. Could not get these out last time
    5. Deep clean paint cleaner meguiars or should I use ultimate polish
    6. Follow up with Ultimate Wax

Happy to hear any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks

Clarky

Re: Toyota RAV 4 time for a detail

Your plan sounds good.

If you can find some stoners tarminator, carpro tarx or something similar then those would take care of any tar. You won't ruin your clay bar this way.

For those door handle scratches either of those products will work. But if they are deep, they may not come out doing them by hand. You can try with a microfiber as microfiber will have more "bite" then foam.

For the paint cleaner either of those will work. Ultimate polish has abrasives in it so it will remove some defects that the paint may have.

Other than that you are good to go.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Question re the paint cleaner product, is it pointless to use this if I have UC and scratch X? if I did UC on car first following up with the paint cleaner be pointless wouldn’t it?

Comment

From limited experience with UC, I would say the paint cleaner or UP might be necessary. It depends how UC finishes on that vehicle's particular paint. On my wife's Honda, the UC did a good job getting rid of the marks that were on the hood, but left its own marring. Needed a follow up with UP to get it where I wanted. Have to see how it reacts on that particular vehicle.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');