• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold Class or Wash and Wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Class or Wash and Wax?

Which is "better" and why? Or is tehre something else you prefer for your normal wash soap.

Re: Gold Class or Wash and Wax?

Both are pH neutral soaps and will effectively "clean" the same. GC has more "lotions" in them for a more elegant soft feel while washing. Wash/Wax leaves behind a small layer of wax when you dry for some added protection. Wash/Wax has more suds to it. It all depends on what you prefer in your car wash soap media in terms of suds/slickness/concentration. I would assume most would suggest Wash/Wax as it a newer product in terms of how the product is engineered and the addition of wax added for some protection.

If you want something more economical you can try HyperWash.

Comment

I actually want something best for a jet black lexus in southwest Florida. Lol.. Any recommendations for that?

Originally posted by twisty roads View Post
      Both are pH neutral soaps and will effectively "clean" the same. GC has more "lotions" in them for a more elegant soft feel while washing. Wash/Wax leaves behind a small layer of wax when you dry for some added protection. Wash/Wax has more suds to it. It all depends on what you prefer in your car wash soap media in terms of suds/slickness/concentration. I would assume most would suggest Wash/Wax as it a newer product in terms of how the product is engineered and the addition of wax added for some protection.

If you want something more economical you can try HyperWash.

Comment

Originally posted by BehrProPaint View Post
        I actually want something best for a jet black lexus in southwest Florida. Lol.. Any recommendations for that?
        Best is relative. There really is no best. It's all about personal preference.

It depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for a shampoo that leaves a little wax behind and gives you that freshly waxed look then go with ultimate. It is not meant to be a durable wax. The dilution ratio is 1 oz per gallon which doesn't make it the most cost effective shampoo.

Gold Class has been a favorite among enthusiasts and professionals. It will leave a little bit of gloss enhancers on the paint to give that shine. It to has a 1 oz per gallon ratio but cost much less than ultimate.

Both do the job of cleaning the paint.

As mentioned hyper wash is another excellent car wash. Economical and 1 oz per about 4 gallons of water is all that is needed in a bucket. Cleans very well and leaves nothing behind on the surface. This is available in the detailer line as D110.

There is also D110 Shampoo Plus in the detailer line. This is similar to Gold Class but in a blue color. It has a 1 oz per gallon ratio. Works very similar to Gold Class.

My personal favorite from Meguiar's is D110 Hyper Wash.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Many, many, years ago I bought some Turtle Wax Zip wax. It was a soap with wax you put in a bucket and added water. (a wash & wax product). Even back then my teenaged, know-it-all mind, could not understand the process of how wax was added to the vehicle, if the wax carrier, the water, was dried off the car. I could understand if one were to simply let the car dry by evaporation only, and sure, the wax would be left on the car, but would probably look quite horrible with spots. I was also highly suspicious of any wax that was soluble in water. While I do not use Gold Class, it would be my choice over a wash and wax product.

Comment

What do you use?

Originally posted by Blueline View Post
            Many, many, years ago I bought some Turtle Wax Zip wax. It was a soap with wax you put in a bucket and added water. (a wash & wax product). Even back then my teenaged, know-it-all mind, could not understand the process of how wax was added to the vehicle, if the wax carrier, the water, was dried off the car. I could understand if one were to simply let the car dry by evaporation only, and sure, the wax would be left on the car, but would probably look quite horrible with spots. I was also highly suspicious of any wax that was soluble in water. While I do not use Gold Class, it would be my choice over a wash and wax product.

Comment

Originally posted by BehrProPaint View Post
              What do you use?
              I use a less expensive, alternative brand car soap, (they are all roughly the same in my opinion) but use Meguiars waxes.

Comment

I prefer Gold Class with D156 as a drying aid.

Comment

I tried both GC and WW and I prefer the GC. I couldn't wait to finish up the WW.

My preference is GC then UQW.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');