• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I completely clean my cars paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I completely clean my cars paint

The other day I was my car for the first time by my self after the snow storm I enjoyed it I used what I could find which was simply green wash and wax then after I dryer the car I decided to buy meguiars compound and clean wax

So I decided to apply compound by hand to my entire car while I was doing that the temperature dropped to like 10 degrees the compound was getting dry fast and was a bit rough

I think I over did it and did it at the wrong time applied let side for a couple minutes then wiped off looked good in the beginning but after the next day the car paint looked blurry and when it was touch it was greasy

So the question is how do I completely degrease and remove any compound off the car completely.

Can anyone help
    Thanks

Re: How do I completely clean my cars paint

A few years ago I used Ultimate Compound for the first time on my entire trunk, and while I did not let it dry, I found it a difficult product to remove. I use it from time to time now in spots that need it, and have better results. Back to that time I did the trunk and could not get it all off, I started over with clay, and clayed the entire trunk. You may have to clay your entire car, and start over. With compound, I would suggest you do a panel (or smaller area) at a time, rather than the whole car. It is good stuff if used correctly.

Comment

Re: How do I completely clean my cars paint

^^ Agreed.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');