• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hand or power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hand or power?

Hello! i wanted to no what the diff in looks between hand waxing and using power is? I have a 2000 red dodge neon! its has the swirals like eveyone else has. i have 2 coats of nxt on it now and that helped alot but there is still some there. should i just try more nxt or what?
    2000 Dodge Neon

I have a red MR2. My recommendation is;

First I wash, dry, then clay, wash again, dry, then I use the PC for the cleaner and the polish. I apply #26 by hand. Once the car is cleaned properly, a nice thin coat of wax is easy to apply with a hand applicator. I do a section at a time and remove the #26 before it dries.
    Jim
    My Gallery

Comment

Re: hand or power?

Originally posted by nates2000neon
      Hello! i wanted to no what the diff in looks between hand waxing and using power is? I have a 2000 red dodge neon! its has the swirals like eveyone else has. i have 2 coats of nxt on it now and that helped alot but there is still some there. should i just try more nxt or what?
      There is no comparison between the two...If you really want to bring out the best in your paint, then get a PC and some cleaners.
      r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by jfelbab
        I do a section at a time and remove the #26 before it dries.
        Shouldn't you let #26 dry 1st?
        r. b.

Comment

I know the #26 application directions tell you to let it dry to a haze. I think it smooths better when you remove it before it dries to a haze. I remove the wax and with one towel and buff with a MF. I change towels often. Just my opinion but the results are always stunning on my red MR2.
          Jim
          My Gallery

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');