• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Autobacs c3 NXT Clinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Autobacs c3 NXT Clinic

Super Autobacs, Saturday Aug.6, 2005
    Today was another fun day of detailing with the c3 gang. Meguiar's asked us to support Super Autobacs by showing off a few static MINI's, which we were glad to do, but the thought of asking several club members to drop their cars off, or have them sit around from 9AM to 6PM twiddling their thumbs wasn't very appealing so I suggested to Jason Rose that why not just do a full-on c3 NXT Clinic and demo the products on real cars! Then we'd have a whole bunch of MINI's to look at, and no problem about hanging out all day cause we'd all be enjoying ourselves.

Featured Products:
    NXT Tech Wax
    NXT Spray Wax
    NXT Speed Detailer
    ScratchX
    M83
    Quik Clay Detailing System
    NXT Car Wash
    Quik Detailer
    NXT Glass Cleaner

Autobacs is Huge!!!

But it looks much better with MINI's!

Race cars everywhere!

Here too!

Nice Ferrari!!

We Were Busy

While the morning was pretty quiet, as soon as 11:30 rolled around and we were detailing full speed, we never could get any quiet time after that! Not that we cared though!

Meguiar's Display on opposite side of entrance

Grub Time

The nice thing about this event was that good food was just next door! And if any of you are familiar with Asian Boba, there was an excellent one just a few doors down.

To Fully Support Meguiars...

I made these vinyl decals with my vinyl cutter for all the participating MINI's.

Another Decal

Great View If Only We Could Be Seen!

We drove traffic into the store as I showed people how to properly use NXT Tech Wax, Scratch X, Quik Detailer, NXT Glass Cleaner, Quik Clay System, and NXT Car Wash.

Clay Bar is so often Misunderstood, Yet Essential!

Karen Doing the NXT Metal Polysh

So many products!

So many products!

Autobacs had the largest stock of Meguiar's products both consumer and professional that I've seen anywhere.

Demoing Claybar

Hideo, the owner of this MINI, was amazed at how smooth the paint was. He felt the car was shinier and cleaner than when he even bought the car, all thanks to NXT and the Quick Clay System!

Showing a customer how the rotary differs from the PC, and exactly why the PC is a safe tool to use. Most people have the misconception that the dual action buffer is hard to use or has too much potential to cause great damage--but just a few minutes of showing them how it spins or stops spinning as more pressure is applied, they are immediately sold and ready to buy.

Working the test spot still.

Applying NXT on the test spot as the owner looks on.

Explaining which products I was going to use on the test spot.

I came prepared with lots of extension cords!

Strawberry Smoothie with Boba Time...

Oooooh this was soooooo good. See those black balls at the bottom That's boba which are these rubbery, virtually tasteless balls that you **** up through a fat straw along with the mixture--in this case strawberry smoothie--so you're both chewing and drinking.

Traditional boba uses a sweet milk tea. I was a little red by this time, and not from drinking, but from the sun! I got burnt bad!

Highlights

One of the highlights of the day was when an older gentleman was walking around handing his business card to everyone. At some point he approached me and asked if I worked full-time for Meguiar's, and I said no. He looked confused and I told him that we were just a car club that Meguiar's support, and I wear this NXT shirt when I host the clinics. Then he asked why I was here today, and I replied that I enjoyed detailing MINI's, and I was here to support Meguiar's. He didn't believe me and asked me for the REAL REASON. I repeated it, so he walked off and asked another c3 member.

He did this several times throughout the day, and it wasn't until later when he asked me again, and I told him that I founded this MINI club where we supported children's charities and we just loved our cars so much that he finally accepted my answer! He replied to me that he was good friends with Barry and that's why he supported Meguiar's.

I looked down at his card and noticed his name was Phil Adcock President/CEO USA Support Center). I gave him my c3 business card and he said he would put in a good word. Then at the end of the day, he thanked us profusely for coming and supporting Autobacs, which was a really nice gesture.

When the Event ended...

I branded each MINI by applying the vinyl Meguiar's logos I cut. Everyone was so enthusiastic about wearing the Meguiar's badge! It's hard to tell from this picture but it's located just in front of the rear wheel on the bottom part of the rear quarter panel. It may look small, but it's the same size as the ones on my white mirrors.

Then we went inside to shop and spend our $10 Gift Card that was given to the first 100 customers. One of our members spent $80 on top of that gift card, I spent $20 buying more Trim Detailer and Speed Detailer. Everyone bought something!

All in all, we had a great day once we got detailing and meeting the customers. We directed lots of traffic to the store as we demoed products, and for other things like the G100 we directed to Meguiars.com. There were at least 3 instances where people told me they were afraid to use the PC and instead did everything by hand, but just a few minutes of showing them how
    safe it was they were looking for someone to buy the product from!

We're all eager to come back and detail more MINI's! We've got more than twice as many people signed up for this weekend than last, so it's sure to make a big impact.
    Last edited by OctaneGuy; Aug 9, 2005, 12:50 PM.
    Richard Lin
    ShowCarDetailing
    5548 E. La Palma Ave
    Anaheim, CA 92807
    toll free: 866 707 9292

hey octaneguy,
    great write-up as usual! hopefully now, some items will be stocked since you demo'd them and have had people inquire. your always going that extra mile.... good job!

Comment

Hi OctaneGuy,

Well done!

I wandered by on Saturday. Sorry I didn’t get a chance to say hi, you guys looked real busy when I got there and I figured I’d catch you after looking around inside. It was about lunch time when I came out of the store so I guess you’d gone to grab some eats and I missed you. Anyway, the cars looked great and I think you guys put on a really positive display for Autobacs. I hope they appreciate it.

With all the fanfare about the opening of the place back when I guess I’ve been derelict in my duties as an OC car guy because Saturday was the first time I’d been to Autobacs. Seems like a pretty cool place. I wish them well.

They do appear to have a bigger stock of Meguiar’s products than any other parts&accessory stores I’ve seen. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised I didn’t see anything like #80 or #83. I think they see their target demographic as the typical car guy and the typical car guy isn’t too deep into detailing. Autobacs has a bigger stock of Meguiar’s products but I think my MINI dealer has a deeper selection.

PC.

Comment

Hey rcknit and other pc,

thanks for your nice comments!

Hey other pc, we were eating in the parking lot, but from where they had us situated, which was one of my gripes, you couldn't see us or our MINIs. LOL

Thanks for coming by, and I'm sorry I missed you. Well if you're in the area again next week, we'll be there this coming Saturday--- sadly minus my MINI that went into the shop yesterday for a new transmission.

Richard

Originally posted by the other pc
        Hi OctaneGuy,

Well done!

I wandered by on Saturday. Sorry I didn’t get a chance to say hi, you guys looked real busy when I got there and I figured I’d catch you after looking around inside. It was about lunch time when I came out of the store so I guess you’d gone to grab some eats and I missed you. Anyway, the cars looked great and I think you guys put on a really positive display for Autobacs. I hope they appreciate it.

PC.
        Last edited by OctaneGuy; Aug 9, 2005, 02:25 PM.
        Richard Lin
        ShowCarDetailing
        5548 E. La Palma Ave
        Anaheim, CA 92807

Comment

Octane Guy,

In my experiences with this same type of thing you can't rely on "would have been nice' and "I hoped for this or that"

You have to find the person or persons in charge and make a specific request.

It appears the left hand had no idea what the right was doing.

You may not have enough time before next weekends shin dig but think about specificly want you need, explain to the powers that be why it will benifit them and make your request in writting as well as in person.

Nice story with all the pics!! Looks like you guys had allot fun anyway.
          Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Hey Joe,

I hear ya.

Richard

Originally posted by Superior Shine
            Octane Guy,

In my experiences with this same type of thing you can't rely on "would have been nice' and "I hoped for this or that"

You have to find the person or persons in charge and make a specific request.

It appears the left hand had no idea what the right was doing.

You may not have enough time before next weekends shin dig but think about specificly want you need, explain to the powers that be why it will benifit them and make your request in writting as well as in person.

Nice story with all the pics!! Looks like you guys had allot fun anyway.
            Richard Lin
            ShowCarDetailing
            5548 E. La Palma Ave
            Anaheim, CA 92807

Comment

Here are some pix from the final clinic at Autobacs on Aug. 13. I want to commend Meguiar's for an excellent job in supporting us and really making the day as best as possible. Stephanie & Gerrod (?) & John Dillon--sorry I didn't get the name of the 4th rep, and Jan(?) who drove the Meguiars semi----I think we all made a spectacular team!

To prevent confusion, I decided not to wear my NXT shirt and black pants--I'm wearing the white t-shirt with the USA Flag of MINIs on the back.

When we arrived at 8:30AM, Autobacs was all prepared for our big group and roped off 13 spaces for us!! That was really cool, although we had 15 MINI's show up, it was great having the majority of them in one place.

Robyn the owner of this MINI had never waxed her MINI, so I gave her the full treatment using claybar, and instead of M83 we use Swirl Remove 2.0 which Stephanie suggested we try.

It didn't take long for Robyn to feel comfortable using the PC

Look at the shine off some of the detailed MINI's. NXT Tech Wax rocks!!

Last edited by OctaneGuy; Aug 14, 2005, 10:47 AM.
              Richard Lin
              ShowCarDetailing
              5548 E. La Palma Ave
              Anaheim, CA 92807

Comment

Richard's C3 Meguiar's NXT clinic started off awesome and the excellent support we got from the Meguiar's team that was there. It just too bad that we didn't get to finish it at AutoBacs due to this guy's attitude (No name but it was the owner or top manager). But we all did have fun driving back to Richard's "C3 HQ" place.

Everyone was great and I hope this event will bring all of the MINI's owner together. Love the turn out, we had more MINI's at Autobacs then any other car.
                Last edited by AC_MINI; Aug 15, 2005, 09:21 AM.
                2005 MCS: PS/B, 18" HP Evo Wheels, black bonnet stripes on boot (JCW Challenge decals on door), Alta 22" sway Bar -CAI-Spring-Adj control arms, F/Strut Tower Bar.

Comment

great job octaneguy & the rest of the C3 gang!

Comment

Thanks rcknit!

Btw, this is what Robyn, the owner of that blue MINI had to say, and her very first c3 clinic:

I wrote Richard and told him I really wanted to come to the clinic but had jsut returned from a trip to Utah and my car was DIRTY!. He said to come as it would be a real learning experience for everyone. So I showed up, an ugly duckling among a gaggle of Swans. After a few hours work, Justa could join the group of swans again!

I injured my shoulder about a year ago and have been reluctant to take on a detailing job. After spending the day with the C3 gang I now know how to get the job done with a few good tools and the right product and not kill my shoulder. I am a bit sore today, but not anymore than if I spent the day cleaning house.
                    Last edited by OctaneGuy; Aug 15, 2005, 09:19 AM.
                    Richard Lin
                    ShowCarDetailing
                    5548 E. La Palma Ave
                    Anaheim, CA 92807

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');