• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow Down to speed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow Down to speed up

Well I have been using a rotary for some years now...but I have had hit or miss results...

So this may sound silly to some or a$$ backwards but I bought a g-100 and I have also purchased some 83 and sealant forgot the number...

i am going to purchase another rotary that is adjustable to 900 next week...

This is something that I am doing for me basically I used to detail in college to pay bills...I would have a little difficult time with black cars and have had to revert to 3m machine glaze at times to "hide" the swirls...Which was annoying

So my steps on my black car are as follows...

Clay
    83 rotary @ 1000
    83 PC @ 5
    Sealant
    Tech Wax (maybe depending on my back)

I am going to purchase the double bulb Swirl finder just so that I dont get that omg I have swirls that look like dolphins can jump outta them look....

This is something that I am just doing for me...

If I have anything wrong or any suggestions please feel free....

Thanks in advance

I am not a rotary guy, so I will let someone else mention that..

The rest seems fine, though once you get the swirls out with the #83, you should be able to use the #80 with the PC for future details. The #80 is a bit milder, can leave a litle nicer finsih, and can be a little easier/quicker to use, which is perfect for when there are no big swirls to fix.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Play with the speed range in which you use the rotary, you may find a higher speed easier to control with your arms than these slow speeds.

In the past, what kind of pads have you used with the rotary buffer? Wool or foam?

If you have not tried our small foam pads, you might give the W-8006 a try with the rotary and clean it often with the M83. It's easier to control than a large foam pad and dramatically reduces the swirls that are common when using a wool pad.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike is dead on about cleaning the 83 pad often, it tends to build.
        Are you appling the tech wax or sealant with the G-100? If not give it a try, you'll love it! Hey were on Long Island your from? I am close to border line of suffolk county and Nassau county.
        Rangerpowersports.com
        Ranger72

Comment

I was using lake country pads...but they are surprisingly tuff as hell....

i have the polishing and the cutting megs pads now...

I have a buffer thats slowest speed is 1500 but I didnt wanna push it...what ya think

I have never messed with a wool pad because I find it difficult to judge where the edge of the pad is....i dont know my eyes play tricks on me....

I would love to try it with the rotary i have but your the expert...if I have to go with a slower speed i am willling to...

Kinda like one of those..."Now I can rest in peace things for me"

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger72
            Mike is dead on about cleaning the 83 pad often, it tends to build.
            Are you appling the tech wax or sealant with the G-100? If not give it a try, you'll love it! Hey were on Long Island your from? I am close to border line of suffolk county and Nassau county.

I am in westbury....

Exit 40 of the LIE

or 32 of the nothern state...

I put on the sealant with the g-100 last night...it is so damn light...it is amazing.....but I must see how it works on my old paint on the bmw (1984) before I give full praises....
            Last edited by rundatrack; Aug 23, 2005, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Are you using: or ?
              Rangerpowersports.com
              Ranger72

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger72
                Are you using: or ?
                One on the left my friend..

Comment

Good stuff. Provides long protection as long as you Preclean the the paint before applying it.
                  Rangerpowersports.com
                  Ranger72

Comment

which is better #20 or #21 to apply with a pc or orbital?
                    "that car is dirty"

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');