• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you a 100% Meguiars user?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Are you a 100% Meguiars user?

I've tried a lot of products over the years, I come back to Meguiars because I can find it locally. IMO most products are good and will work for whatever they are supposed to do (if used properly).

The only exceptions are RejeX that I picked up over the winter, I'm going to give that a try since I have it.
    I've always used P21S wheel cleaner for my rims.

Not sure if this counts but I use Simple Green for anything other than paint that doesn't need a full degreaser (Castrol Super Clean for that).

Comment

When it comes to paint cleaning products, I'm 100% meguiar's.

Utility tools such as brushes etc not exclusively Meg's, and I prefer Stoner's invisible glass. But other than that I'm all Meg's.

Matthew 19:26

Comment

The only non-Megs products I use are Westley's Bleche White, The Absorber, Rain-X, degreaser, and various cleaning tools like brushes and cloths.

I was a Stoner's Invisible Glass user but I just got my first bottle of NXT Glass Cleaner online which is every bit as good or better than IG and it smells much nicer.

Comment

Originally posted by mcrimm View Post
          All Meguiars except for my PC and Costco Microfiber towels -
          Ultimate bonnets, 4 pads, backing plate, #80, #83, #20, #21, #9, NXT Tech Wax, NXT Speed detailer, NXT Glass Cleaner, Insane Tire, Wheel Cleaner, NXT Car Wash.......I think that's all that is in my kit - - - Wife says "Enough"

Mike
          Those Costco microfiber towels work excellent. They are not very expensive and you get w whole mess of them. I have ordered some Megs microfiber cloths and towels to see how they work.
          Bill from SLC, Utah
          "Show me Wax on Wax off!"

Comment

Here in Sao Paulo,Brazil its hard to find Meguiar's products otherwise it will be 100% meguiar's,my collection are:
            NXT1.0 paste,ScratchX,UQD,QID,Gold Class Rich Leather,Gold Class Endurance High Gloss and NXT metal polisher. soon to come M#83.
            Non meguiar's - brazilian brand car shampoo and lexol.ph for cleaning leather.
            wishlist that are not avaliable in Brazil - APC,Gold Class or NXT car wash,PlastX and many others...

Comment

Originally posted by navyblue2000 View Post
              When it comes to paint cleaning products, I'm 100% meguiar's.

Utility tools such as brushes etc not exclusively Meg's, and I prefer Stoner's invisible glass. But other than that I'm all Meg's.
              I also used Stoners till I found the glass cleaner from the meguiars line. It smells awesome and does just as good if not alot better than stoners.. And it comes concentrated so its alot cheaper.

I always had problems with stoners fogging up on me.
              Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
              Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

I like to try different stuff from time to time i llove the meguiars' line for the price you can't go wrong but there are alot of companies' out there that are good even great it really depends' on what your looking to get out of the product's you use

I use alot of zymol cause of the cars' i have and detail they want it i use it or they go to alot of high end shows' and request zymol to be used on there cars' but when i have to compound or polish i use a few meguiar products' to help get the paint and clear coat the best i can before the wax / glaze goes' on

But you have to decide what you want the product to do and also the price you want to spend i use vintage which cost almost $2000.00 and i use it alot but i also use m2164 alot too oh and i use m2611 have not used there clay bar yet bbut will be tring very soon

So much out there to try just prices' limit everyone to try it kinda *****' sometimes' lol
                Buff -Buff -Buff till your brain shine's brite than Buff a little more till the end of the night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I am a basically a 100% Meguiars product user. The only thing I have in my kit that isn't Meguiars is the Aquapel Windshield treatments (RainX competitor product).

My Kit includes the following:

Professional Mirror Glaze Product:
                  M21 - Synthetic Sealant 2.0
                  M26 - Hi-Tech Yellow Wax - Liquid Form
                  M34 - Final Inspection
                  M80 - Speed Glaze
                  M82 - Swirl Free Polish
                  M83 - Dual Action Cleaner Polish
                  M84 - Compound Power Cleaner
                  C2000 & 2100 - Mild and Aggressive Detailing Clay
                  W66 - Easy Buff Rotary Backing Plate
                  Ultimate Wipe Detailing Cloths

Professional Detailer Line:

D101 - All Purpose Cleaner Plus
                  D110 - Hyper-Wash
                  D120 - Glass Cleaner Concentrate
                  D130 - Body Solvent
                  D140 - Wheel Brightener
                  D155 - Last Touch
                  D170 - Hyper-Dressing
                  D180 - Leather Cleaner & Conditioner

Additional Meguiars Products:
                  All the dispenser bottles and spray bottles with their respective sprayers.
                  PlastiX
                  Microfiber Wash Mitts
                  Water Magnet Microfiber Towels
                  Soft Touch Microfiber Chamois
                  Even Coat Microfiber Applicator Pads
                  Soft Foam Applicator Pads
                  Supreme Shine Microfiber Towels
                  Soft Buff Terry Cloth Towels
                  Soft Buff 2.0 Pad Assortment
                  Mike Bara
                  CEO of MPB System Solutions, LLC
                  **Professional Detailer
                  **Computer & Network Technician

Comment

I am 110% all Meguiars. I will allow nothing else to touch my car...period.
                    For all those reading this forum who have not yet tried Meguiars, try anything you want, spend as much money as you want, waste all the time in the world, but you will NEVER find anything comparable to Meguiars...EVER.

End of discussion.

-Scott

Comment

Originally posted by scottphys View Post
                      For all those reading this forum who have not yet tried Meguiars, try anything you want, spend as much money as you want, waste all the time in the world, but you will NEVER find anything comparable to Meguiars...EVER.

End of discussion.

Barry!?! Is that you?
                      Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by scottphys View Post

End of discussion.

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
                        Barry!?! Is that you?
                        Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Meguiar's makes great stuff, but the Megs wheel cleaners are difficult to find in Southern Ontario Canada. I use P21S (gel) wheel cleaner, which is simply fantastic. I used (and always liked) Eagle One wheel cleaners, until I tried P21S.

Comment

Originally posted by thejazzguy View Post
                            Meguiar's makes great stuff, but the Megs wheel cleaners are difficult to find in Southern Ontario Canada. I use P21S (gel) wheel cleaner, which is simply fantastic. I used (and always liked) Eagle One wheel cleaners, until I tried P21S.
                            Another good (and less expensive) option is Sonax Wheel Gel. As far as I can tell, it's very similar to P21S Wheel Gel for about $8 per bottle. It can be purchased at any BMW dealership (it's labeled as a BMW care product).
                            We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.

Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

Comment

Meguiar's + Costco terry and microfiber towels= Perfection

Comment

100% user, or at least try to be, I just wish some of the products were easier to find up here in Canada...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');