• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you a 100% Meguiars user?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100% Meguiar's
    FRANK CANNA
    Mirror Finish Detailing
    23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

I guess somewhere between 25-50%, which isn't represented in the poll... :P

I use Meg's car wash usually, #00 or GC. I use their Hi-Tech Wheel Cleaner on two cars, and Eagle One A2Z on the other two. Brushes are not Meg's (just got Meg's wheel brush but haven't used it), wash mitts are not Meg's anymore, buckets are not Meg's. On the red cars, I use Meg's waffle weaves that came in a tube to dry. Other cars I use other branded WW's. I use Eagle One 20/20 on glass, but got NXT recently which I like.

For waxing, I use mostly Meg's polishes. But I find products like Klasse AIO useful, and Liquid Souveran is my fave beater wax now due to extreme ease of use, great slickness, and respectable durability. I got some #21 in a sample that seems similarly easy/slick, have to see about durability. And my favorite wax is Souveran (though I use #16 a fair bit too).

For specific-instance stuff, I use Meg's APC+, Meg's GC bug & tar remover, Clay Magic or Meg's clay depending on price/availability.

In some cases I might move to a Meg's product if I used up all the stuff I had, like glass cleaner and maybe if I ran out of Liquid Souveran (jury is still out on #21 though). And in others Meg's has a similar product like ColorX vs AIO, but I just like the non-Meg's one better. AIO is easier to use and spreads better.

Some things I've just given up on a lot of choice. For QD's, Pinnacle Crystal Mist and Meg's Final Detail are all I need. I've like 5-7 other kinds of QD that I'll probably never use again. Same with car wash. #00 and GC, all I need... Waxes, it's nice to have a little variety, same with polishes or cleaners.
      1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
      2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
      1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

I'll guess 95% for me. I use someone else's foaming glass cleaner. Everything else is Meg's.

Comment

110% now though I must confess to having used a few Mothers products before seeing the light.

Comment

I've tried just about everything but always seem to come back to Meguiar's. What I've found is that you need patience. Sure, some products break down a lot quicker, but on the flip side they dust like crazy. If you give Meguiar's products the time to work they are some of the easiest to use around - it's people who expect products like #80/#83 to break down in 10 seconds that seem to find Meguiar's difficult to use or "****".

I quickie detailed a 20 year old Merc SL with badly oxidised single stage white paint last week and used just #80 and NXT - not a drop of dust anywhere on the car. I ordered a gallon of #80 off the back of that detail.

The only thing I'd change about Meguiar's products is to make them a bit more sun friendly. Sometimes I have to detail cars in the middle of the day with no shade and that can make some of Meg's products a bit of a bear to use.

At the moment I guess I'm a 75% user, but that could easily be up to 95% very soon.

Ben

Comment

My detailing career started out about 2-3 years ago when I bought my first car when I was 15 years old. My older friend had detailed cars for a few years and bought me a "start up kit" that included Eagle One and ArmorAll stuff. I soon added Mothers Carnuaba Wax because it was the only brand besides Turtle Wax that I could buy locally.

Then one day I found a bottle of Gold Class Liquid Wax sitting on the shelves of a local auto parts store and bought it right away. After using this product, everything quickly became Meg's. I got online to check out their product list and found this forum, where I learned more than I ever thought possible about detailing. My first order was around $500, without a PC.

By now I probably have around $2000 of Meg's products, of course including a PC. My exterior towels are 100% Meg's. For interior, I use MFs I buy at BJ's Wholesale Club 25 for $10. My mitts are now the new Ultra Plush mitts.

The only products I use anymore that aren't Meg's are the occasional "Other Company's" tire shine product when I run out of Meg's and need a quick fix, some Sonus polishes that I won and had to try out, and Rain-X. Aside from those, I'm 100%.
              Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

Pretty soon the only non Meg's product I'll be using are my interior Microfibers, ABC, and ETR-II(a trim dying/coating system).
                I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

About 80% are Meguiar's products - over $1500 - all over garage shelves. More profesional products then consumer.

Comment

About 80% are Meguiar's products - over $1500 - all over garage shelves. More profesional products then consumer.

Comment

My collection is about 80% Meguiar's products and I am trying to make it about 100% each passing day but that in itself is hard to obtain...LOL
                      Trent W.

------------------------------

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4
                      2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Comment

Almost everything I use is Meguiar's except for:

Microfiber Towels which are soon to be Meg's.
                        Aerometrics Air Freshener because of the fabric softener scent and how long they last.
                        Stoner window cleaner beause I fell in love with it years ago and why mess with a good thing, its perfect.

Comment

No I'm not using only Meg.

For a matter or price and availability mainly.

Soap : Meg's Deep Crystal

Wax : NXT Tech Wax

Tire cleaning : Simoniz Tire Cleaner

Tire Shine : I plan to use Endurance, but I still have a lot of Turtle Wax Emerald Tire Shine that does a good job. I'll switch when I'm done with it. I think I have more than a year to go...

Interior NXT Tech Protect

Engine : I'm using Meg's Extra but with it now being discontinued I really don't know what I will use. I still have a 3/4 full bottle.

Trim : Meg's Natural Shine.

Wash mitt : cheap Sundance one.

Chamois : so old I can't remember it, dates from the '80s.

Cheap no name bucket.

Windows : Eagle1's 20/20

Comment

I'd say around 50-60%. I really like Meguiars 80 series polishes but I've found for me, that Optimum's work better-but I use Meguiars pads, since the best cutting pad I have used is the 7000 series burgandy pad. Also, I switch to Clearkote or Poorboy's polishes if I can't get out of the sun to work. It would be nice if the 80 series could be made more sun friendly.

My main method of washing cars is Protect Alls Quick and Easy Wash and since it is unique wash product, there is no Meguiars equivalent.

I use a lot of LSPs, #16, NXT Paste and #20 are the Meguiars ones I use. Other lines are Clearkote, Poorboy's, Optimum, Jeff's Werkstatt and Pinnacle. Towards winter, I find myself reaching mostly for #16 though, hard to beat its winter durability. Also, the wax my kids most like to use is #16.

Most of my brushes are Meguiars, except the one I use for fenderwells since the head on the Meguiars wheel brushes is too thick to get between the wheels and fenders on most cars. The Ultimate Mop is a real gem of a product when I have to clean SUVs and trucks. Love the interior detailing brush too!

I used to use Eagle's 20/20 Glass Cleaner until NXT Glass Cleaner came out. Haven't used Eagle's since. NXT is far superior when stuck in the sun. Even my kids noticed how much better it was when they were working for me over the summer.

I have a lot of different MF towels-Meguiars, Excel, Pakshak-but you can't beat the convienence of now walking into your local auto parts store and getting high quality Meguiars MFs when you used to only be able to obtain similar quality towels via online stores.

One Meguiars only product I really like is the Interior Quick Detailer. Great smell, decent cleaning power and no fake shine, just a new appearance. I wish there was a gallon sized professional version available with extra UV protection....hint, hint!
                            Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

I'm around 95%. Should be getting my order for the rotary pads and backing plate as well as speed glaze soon. I use Ajax window cleaner for my window cos it's there but i'm starting to dislike it because of some streaking that occurs. Streaking isn't as bad as the old **** i used to use. For alloys, I just use water and a soft terry cloth and for interior, i'm using amorall interior detailer. It don't stink as some members have reported but it does have that oily finish to it. I'm buying bits n pieces at the moment so the interior detailer and glass cleaner from M are next in line for purchase.

Here's what I've got so far:

I've put the quick wax n detailer at front as they are the most used items and it's easier to grab when needed. There's no M car wash products as yet cos we have water restrictions in Aus at the moment.

Comment

Like I say when people compliment me on how nice my cars look-'I'll take some of the credit, but I have to give my due to Meguiars, that's all I've used on the paint of my cars for the last 10+ years, and the results speak for themselves.'
                                Attached Files
                                Ben Deutschman
                                http://www.slantsixclub.com
                                http://www.poci.org
                                http://www.1976transam.net
                                http://www.1960plymouthsavoy.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');