• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trim Dye, 6.5" wool pad, 4" foam pads and more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim Dye, 6.5" wool pad, 4" foam pads and more!

Here's a list of everything I use that is not made by Meguiars, but hat I would like to see made by Meguiars.

Trim Dye: Let's face it, some trim is too far gone to be cleaned/dressed and needs to be redyed/coated. I currently use Forever Black and AI's ETR. I would definately buy Meguiars if they offered such a product.

6.5" Wool pads: Why did Meguiars stop making them? I currently use another manufacturers, and some of the older buffing pads packages still show the part numbers for them. I find the smaller buffing pads much easier to control when using the rotary, and would use Meguiars wool pads if they brought back the smaller size.

4" SoftBuff foam pads: I'm adding these here again because this is MY definative list of products I'd like Meguiars to make. I wasn't the first to ask, and I'm sure I won't be the last. I just hope Meguiars is listening.

Decontamination Wash: The same as above, I've mentioned this before, but I'll say it again. It is not only a huge time saver when working on thrashed vehicles, but many times I have found it to remove contamination that clay could not. I currently use AI's but shipping is a really pain as there are no local distributors and would HAPPILY buy and use a Meguiars formulated, tested, and approved version.

A real Engine Kote replacement: While Hyper Dressing looks nice for dressing the engine compartment, it doesn't have quite the durability of Engine Kote. Engine Kote also seemed to be a good alternative to waxing/sealing the painted areas of the engine compartment. Please formulate a VOC compliant alternative!

RainX/Aquapel style glass treatment: IMO RainX *****, and aquapel is either too hard to get, or too expensive because you have to buy it by the case.

Real Sheapskin covers for the ultra plush wash mop: I don't think I have to explain this.

I think that about covers it.
    I want 4" Softbuff pads!

That is an interesting list of product suggestions.

Eric
    Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

"4" SoftBuff foam pads: I'm adding these here again because this is MY definative list of products I'd like Meguiars to make. I wasn't the first to ask, and I'm sure I won't be the last. I just hope Meguiars is listening."

I second this notion with a resounding who-ha , we need 4" Softbuff pads. I'm ready and willing to buy a case of each if they become available.
      "Always do right - this will gratify some and astonish the rest."
      -Mark Twain.

Comment

I second the decon. wash. I have an account at a truck dealership and a lot of the white/silver/tan trucks that come in are covered in rust spots. It's a PAIN to clay an F-350 dually that's never been washed/waxed it's whole life. I usually wind up using agressive grade clay but that can sometimes haze the paint so much that I have to put in another polishing step. A decon. wash could easily knock off an hour detailing one of these. At $30 an hour, it adds up.

Comment

Since I can't edit it anymore, I forgot one last item. QEW. We need a QEW alternative for those that live in apartment complexes, and it's also great for when you take the car on long trips.
          I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

I'm definitely interested in 4" pads too. The main thing holding me back from buying a Cyclo is the lack of really good pads. I borrowed a Cyclo for a month last year and used the TOL pads and while I loved the machine, I was less than pleased with the pads.
            Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');