• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New PC 7336 - Strange Rattling Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PC 7336 - Strange Rattling Noise

Hi all, just bought my PC 7336 at Lowe's yesterday and waiting for a big box of goodies to arrive next week from Meguiars.

Well of course I had to plug it in and play around with the standard pads (not on the car of course!). It seems to have a little bit of a rattle type noise-possibly bearing noise. Definately more than just the motor whirring. Could this just be normal gear whine and not a big deal?

They do make a rattle type of noise. You will not hear it as much while your using it to polish.
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Mine made a little rattling noise too when I first got it. It may not be the same rattle, but I found that if I didn't have that handle screwed in it did it (rattled) a lot more. Since I find it easier to use the DA without the handle attached, I just went out and bought a screw that would fit and tightened it up against the top casing....no more rattle.

Hope that works, but in general, they do rattle a little.

I just read that you thought it was internal...so my post may not help you at all.

Comment

Is there a big difference between the two Porter Cable models; 7336 and the 7424 (?) or are they equal in what they will do and their performance. Not to hijack the thread but this topic got me curious as I too have seen the 7336 at Lowes and was tempted to buy it at only $108.
        Trent W.

------------------------------

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4
        2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Comment

The 7336 and 7424 are EXACTLY the same machine. The only difference between the two as far as I'm aware is the fact that a 7336 is packaged with sanding accessories, and the 7424 comes with polishing accessories.

FWIW, Meguiar's uses the 7336SP bodies for its G100 kit.

I also remember a bit of rattle when I first got my G100. It went away after I got about half-done with my car the first time. My thought is that it just took a bit of running time for the lubrication to coat the bearings properly. So I would say for your first time out, keep the speed down to 3 or 4; once you let it break in you'll be fine to run it up to 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr
            The 7336 and 7424 are EXACTLY the same machine. The only difference between the two as far as I'm aware is the fact that a 7336 is packaged with sanding accessories, and the 7424 comes with polishing accessories.
            FWIW, Meguiar's uses the 7336SP bodies for its G100 kit.
            also... the 7424 has a 5" counterweight as the 7336 has a 6".

Comment

The rattling can be coming from inside you as these buffers shake a lot so maybe it's your fillings or watch...

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');