• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MF Wash Mitt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MF Wash Mitt?

I've purchased quite a few products in the past few days to detail my car this weekend. I've been researching more and more and have a question.

I bought 2 Zwipes Microfiber Wash Mitts from AutoZone. Are these good or bad to use when just washing my car? I see some people talking about leaving scrathes and marks.

I also bought 2 Viking Car Care Microfiber Drying Towels and 2 Viking Car Care Microfiber Polishing Towels.

Should I be using the drying towels to dry and the polishing when removing the NXT wax or is this a mistake?

I just don't want to mess up my new car's paint and want to make sure I'm doing things the best possible way.
    My personal blog, lukemccoy.com
    2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS Page

Well, it is hard to say the quality of Viking products, and Zwipes.. but from Meguiars line, here is the answer..

1. Meguiars has just came out with a MF wash mit, so we will have to see how it works. I have prefered chenille sponges/mitts so far.

2. You would certainly use Meguiars Drying towels, of various sorts, to dry, and the Supreme Shine MF's to remove polishes, waxes, etc. So I see no reason for a difference in the other lines.

Just have to make sure it is all high quality stuff.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

by the way from what i hear mf is good but not for a wash mitt since mf wash mitt will remove dirt real good but it wont let it go that easy compare to chenile or gc wash mitt....but thats what i heard.....
      Miguel

"What you become directly influences what you get"

Comment

Originally posted by Djmigs
        ... from what i hear mf is good but not for a wash mitt since mf wash mitt will remove dirt real good but it wont let it go that easy compare to chenile or gc wash mitt....but thats what i heard.....
        A lot of people seem to feel that way but I’ve never had a problem with it. I have a couple of different kinds of mf mitts (but not a Zwipes) and I prefer them.

The dirt I find on my on my vehicles is mainly dirt, grit and goo that wash out of the mf mitts very nicely. I especially like that you can just toss them in the washer with mf towels.

I could see that if you had a lot of twigs and such or if you dropped the mf mitt into a pile of plant material you may never get all the crud out. I think you’d have a similar issue with cotton chenille and sheepskin too.

PC.

Comment

I used a Zwiped microfiber wash mitt. It worked well and I never saw any problems with it. But, favoring Meguiar's quality products, I left that mitt at home with my parents, and bought myself a Meg's wash mitt.
          Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
          Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

I used it yesterday and it seemed to work just fine.

Comment

let me rephrase that....what i meant to say was mf wash mitt will wash out good in the washer machine but depending on how you wash it....but when washing your vehicle with the two bucket method and you dip your mf wash mitt after wiping down the vehicle with soap to remove the dirt..your dipping the mitt in to the water bucket and agitate it against the grit guard it wont loosen off as good as the chinlle or gc wash mitt that have long fibers and be embeded do to short nap of th mf wash mitt and what it made of......now i could be wrong but this piece of advice was given to me...but since i have both chenille and gc wash mitt i will stick with them until then...so what works great for me may not be great for you.....

Miguel

"What you become directly influences what you get"

Comment

Thanks, I'll try a chinlle or gc wash mitt next time I wash.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');