• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing small scratches in RV gelcoat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing small scratches in RV gelcoat.

I was using a plastic scrubber pad to remove bugs from the front of my
    RV. After getting some of it off, I looked and it seemed okay. The next
    day I looked at the right angle and can see fine scratched or hazed areas of the gelcoat. How can I fix my mistake? What would be a good product to remove bug splatter in the future?

Re: Removing small scratches in RV gelcoat.

Hi alohapsd,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Here's an article that talks about the big picture as it relates to removing defects out of any surface or material.

What it means to remove a scratch out of anything...

In a nutshell, you need to use a product that will remove small particle of the gel-coat in an effort to level the upper most surface of the gel-coat with the deepest portions of the scratches.

How hard this will be to do will be determined by how hard or soft the gel-coat is, the product of your choice and how you apply it, (by hand or machine).

For removing below surface defects out of gel-coats we offer a number of products in our Marine/RV line such as,

M44 Color Restorer

This contains diminishing abrasives which will enable you to remove below surface defects and then correctly applied and worked against the finish it will leave the surface clear and shiny. After this you'll want to apply a wax as this type of cleaner will remove both the defects and any wax on the surface.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');