• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on why my paint is cloudy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on why my paint is cloudy?

whenever after wiping out tech wax...it leaves some marks. and they wont go away unless i wash it again...is this normal?

Re: question on tech wax....

No, that's not normal. If you apply any quality wax to a properly prepared surface, after allowing it to fully dry, the wax should wipe off easily and leave a uniform appearance behind. Whenever you're not getting a uniform appearance then this is an indicator that,
    • You're not applying it evenly.
    • You're not allowing the wax to fully dry before removing.
    • You're applying to little or too much product.
    • You're wiping/removal material is lacking in quality
    • You're wiping/removal technique needs improvement
    • The surface isn't clean enough for the wax and maybe you need to pre-clean and polish the paint first.

You know, we apply a boatload of NXT Tech Wax to all kinds of car each and ever Saturday and when any wax including NXT Tech Wax is properly applied, allowed to dry and then removed, it should leave a great looking finish behind.

Heck it doesn't even have to be a real full-size car and we still get great results...

• So what are you working on?
    • What condition is the paint?
    • How are you applying it?
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

High humidity can be a factor too, but I've seen that more with the Spray Booster Wax. Also make sure you shake the bottle very well. That of course is not necessary if you use the Tech Wax Paste.

RamAirV1
      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

the car is 02 BMW M3.

the paint is ok.

i applied it with microfiber wax applicator. i think it was gold class one. maybe i didnt dry enough. i didn't put too much. could be too little...hmm

Comment

Originally posted by so gti View Post
          maybe i didnt dry enough.
          How to tell when a Meguiar's wax is ready to remove - The Swipe Test
          You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

When I first answered your question the photo wasn't showing up?

I took the liberty of retrieving it and uploading it to our gallery so I could for sure insert it here and not only can I now see it but everyone else can too...

From the photo, it looks like your finish need to be cleaned really well with a paint cleaner first and then try applying the NXT Tech Wax. If you don't already have some, go down to the local auto parts store and pick up a tube of ScratchX.

Take and apply ScratchX to about a one foot squared section on the same panel you're sharing in your picture. Apply it and work it into and against the paint thoroughly and then wipe it off.

Next apply a thin layer of NXT Tech Wax over just this section and then allow it to fully dry until it swipes clear. Then with a clean, soft microfiber wipe the wax off and compare this small section with the rest of the hood. Even take a picture of your results and share that.

Also, if you have not clayed this paint, that should be the first order of business after washing the car and before applying anything else to the paint.

From the picture, either your paint has been neglected and is stained, oxidized and dirty and there for needs a PRE-WAX CLEANER, or this is a sign of clear coat failure and the finish is in the process of deteriorating.

NXT Tech Wax is not a cleaner/wax and either our paint needs to be cleaned in order to get good results, or it's past the point of no return.

Hope this helps...
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks Shawn for inserting the Swipe Test link,I was just about to do that, instead, here's this for our member...

If you have not read this yet, please do and you will know more about proper paint care and the product and steps to follow.

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle
              Step 1 Wash
              Step 2 Clean
              Step 3 Polish
              Step 4 Protect
              Step 5 Maintain
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by so gti View Post
                the car is 02 BMW M3.

the paint is ok.

i applied it with microfiber wax applicator. i think it was gold class one. maybe i didnt dry enough. i didn't put too much. could be too little...hmm
                The paint looks horrible and it's hard to believe it look much better before you applied wax. The paint looks dull, whitish and hazy, all of these are signs that you need to use a Paint Cleaner before apply a wax.

A paint cleaner is not a car wash, it's a product specifically formulated to remove stains, oxidation, and a little paint in an effort to reveal fresh paint that in the case of a clear coat will be clear so that you can see the color underneath.

Like mentioned, a good, quick easy test would be to use ScratchX on a small section, like right in the middle of the hood and the apply wax and then inspect. If this one small section reacts well to cleaning and then the application of the wax, it's pretty easy to figure out that the entire finish will look this way when these two products are applied in the right order.
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Hi guys. I did have a lot of problems similiar like this b4 with all my waxes. Even other brands. My uncle's new Accord also faces this problem wt the Nxt I gave him. I used to wait for bout 4-5 days and this residue will be gone. I thought it was normal. But what I discover was if you use a clay bar to clean the paint. This problem will go away. I accidently found this out one. Since I've clay bar and DC1,DC2 & DC3 his Accord for him. He doesn't have this problem anymore. You try and see how it goes ok. Thks.

Comment

If the residue looks like on oily patch and is smearable/movable with a finger or a dense MF towel, then the NXT is from the early defective batch. The active ingredients are unable to form a smooth, even layer and the final results look cloudy, greasy. Meguiar's will replace the bottles.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');