• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scion tC - Black Sand Pearl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scion tC - Black Sand Pearl

Did my first detail today for $$$, and was my brothers girlfriend's scion tC.

Has swirls and scratches throughout the paint. I helped the swirls quite a bit, but the deeper scratches and blemishes are obviously still around. It took me just shy of five hours to complete, which included:

Car Body:
    1.) Wash & Dry
    2.) Clay Bar
    3.) #83 via LC Orange Pad
    4.) NXT 2.0 via LC Black Finishing Pad
    5.) Did the windows with Rain-X.

Wheels:
    1.) All Wheel Cleaner and some good manpower.
    2.) Clay Bar
    3.) Finish with Hot Shine wheel dressing.

All in all, it was a good detail and made the car look amazing compared to before. I didn't get all the deeper swirls and stuff out, but what I was able to do really cleaned it up visually. The bad part overall was the heat. 98* and HUMID, in CLEVELAND. Little to say, I downed a lot of gatoraid and water but even with that, at the end felt like I was about to die of heatstroke, but I DID make it haha. Just GLAD to be done. I will never do this in such heat like this again, thats for sure!

Here are some pic's before/after. Sorry for the quality of the "after" pics, but storms rolling in so lighting suffered. Still shows decently though.

Swirl's in the hood:

Back end:

Overview:

After view of where the swirls *were*:

Another:

Overviews: (again, sorry for quality of these ones!)

And Lastly,

Re: Scion tC - Black Sand Pearl

nice save bro, im sure you did a quick vac & wipedown just to finish up the detail...
    AJ Auto Detail, LLC

Comment

I would have, but my brother decided to do that when I was doing the exterior work. But it was done, yes!

Comment

Very nice job!
        That paint looks glossy and wet, great job

Comment

You did a great job there. The paint looks great. Way to go.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

I was able to see the car outside today and WOW. The shine and depth of the paint was insane to say the least. My brother couldn't get over how great it looked (me as well!) and must say, was shocked on how amazing it looked.

Looked like it came off the lot, if not better. Unless of course, you got really close to it to find the deeper scratches and stuff, but man, amazing!

Comment

Very nice job! Great looking color
              If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Looks good!
                Scott

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');