• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

05 Accord Detail and New products review Lots of pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05 Accord Detail and New products review Lots of pics

Ok today's detail was an 05 Accord belonging to my wife.

Products used:
    Versa Angle Tire Brush
    Versa Angle Wheel Face Brush
    Versa Angle Wide Body Brush
    Safety Tip Wheel Spoke Brush
    Water Magnet Drying Towel
    Even Coat Applicator
    Plush Wash Mitt
    Last Touch Spray Detailer
    Hyper-Wash
    Detailing Clay
    Safe D-Greaser
    Hyper-Dressing
    Leather Cleaner & Conditioner
    Glass Cleaner Concentrate
    Ultimate Wipe
    #21 Synthetic Sealant
    Insane Tire Shine

Here's the pics:

This is an after but the darn pollen and some yellow little bugs.

Process:
    Wash using the new wide body brush and plush mitt. The wide body brush is a very nice brush. Holds tons of water and the bristle bunch together for hard to reach places and scrubs like little fingers.
    Tires and wheels. Used the new brushes. Safe D-Greaser was used on the tires. Hyper wash on the wheels. The spoke brush is a nifty little brush and does a good job too.

Next was the clay while the car was wet using Last Touch and Water 50/50 as the lube. I also dried the lube and water with the Water Magnet and a Ultimate wipe.
    Following clay was the paint cleaner. I chose AIO applied with the Even Coat Applicator (I accidentally left my PC at the house and my wife was sleeping). The applicator is very well designed. The pad takes most of the work and pressure out of your fingers and places it on the palm of your hand which should reduce fatigue.
    For the LSP I selected #21. Again application and removal was by hand. The new Even Coat applicator was also used. I gotta tell ya the new Even Coat just inspires me to apply more products by hand. I mean fatigue is really cut down. #21 was removed with 2 Ultimate Wipes.

Interior was pretty much standard except for the Detailer Line Leather Cleaner and Conditioner. Seemed to work well compared to GC Cleaner Conditioner. The leather was new and very thirsty. I'd like to see the Dline stuff on some older dirty leather. I applied with the hi tech applicator and removed excess with a terry. I also have to mention I love my new Metro Vac n Blo. That joker works great.

I think the process took about 4 hours. My wife was very pleased. Next time I will go for a swirl remover. The paint was in pretty good shape.

The new products slowed me down but I'm slowly picking up speed. The results are much better than before and easier to achieve with the right tools for the job.

What do ya think??
    Last edited by scrub; Apr 10, 2005, 05:17 PM.

Hey Scrub,
    Looks very good. I'm getting use to seeing the 21 now. I think I can pick it out of a line up. The car has that "Glow"
    Good Job.
    2005 Trailblazer LT Majestic Red Metallic
    AutoGeek's 6th Annual Detail Fest & Car Show
    1st Place-Best Overall Detail
    3rd Place-Best of Show
    March 26th, 2011

Comment

Thank you!

I was really wanting to see how well #21 looked by hand application. It still looks good.

I did notice something about applying #21 by hand. There was a little resistance after fresh product was applied to the applicator. Not too much just enough to let you know it was there. The resistance decreased and it was time to reload the pad. Could have been my imagination or maybe a byproduct of #21's ability to be applied by rotary too. Something in the formula to allow rotary app.

Comment

Scrub, The car looks GREAT!!! and as usual Great write up.

Comment

Thank you my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor88
            Scrub, The car looks GREAT!!! and as usual Great write up.

write-up & shine so good you need
            PICs of my 2001 Mag Red C5 Coupe, A4 (3.42)
            w/405rwhp & 372rwtq ... Stock Heads

GM got it right with the C5 styling, however ...
            the C6 is a sad attempt at cosmetic refinement.

Comment

Thank you too.

My wife called from work tonight and said the new car drives even better now that its clean.

I need an up close picture of the metal flake popping out and rolling as you look at it. That will have to wait until I wash again as the pollen has spoiled that.

Comment

Originally posted by scrub
                Thank you!

I was really wanting to see how well #21 looked by hand application. It still looks good.

I did notice something about applying #21 by hand. There was a little resistance after fresh product was applied to the applicator. Not too much just enough to let you know it was there. The resistance decreased and it was time to reload the pad. Could have been my imagination or maybe a byproduct of #21's ability to be applied by rotary too. Something in the formula to allow rotary app.
                I noticed that little bit of resistance too. Wipe-off (by hand with Ultimate Wipe) had no resistance. It's a great product and I am going to have a hard time deciding between #21 and NXT Paste. I'll probably just have both, and decide on waxing day which one to use.

RamAirV1
                2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1
                  I noticed that little bit of resistance too. Wipe-off (by hand with Ultimate Wipe) had no resistance. It's a great product and I am going to have a hard time deciding between #21 and NXT Paste. I'll probably just have both, and decide on waxing day which one to use.

RamAirV1
                  Glad to know it wasn't just me.

You make a great point, I want to try the NXT paste but I don't want to have to decide which wax (sealant) to use. If I don't have the paste no decision to make.

Comment

Thank you too.

My wife called from work tonight and said the new car drives even better now that its clean.

I need an up close picture of the metal flake popping out and rolling as you look at it. That will have to wait until I wash again as the pollen has spoiled that.
                    Spring time here in the Hill Country of Central Texas is not friendly to clean cars, either. We seem to have an inordinate amount of bugs this time of year.

Comment

Glad to know it wasn't just me.

You make a great point, I want to try the NXT paste but I don't want to have to decide which wax (sealant) to use. If I don't have the paste no decision to make.
                      How long do you think you can hold out before you give in and buy the paste?

RamAirV1
                      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

01MagRedC5 (i think i glanced at the name right),

Speaking of a bad event happening here in texas was in College Station (not sure how far it expanded to) beginning of last fall (AUGUST or so). The "love bugs" as they were called were just everywhere. Some cars looked like they just took a bath in them cuz it was just that bad. It made me not want to drive my car since you were gauranteed to get bugs spattered all over it. Just thought about that as i read what you said. Sorry to get off topic.

Comment

Originally posted by defectiveAggie
                          01MagRedC5 (i think i glanced at the name right),

Speaking of a bad event happening here in texas was in College Station (not sure how far it expanded to) beginning of last fall (AUGUST or so). The "love bugs" as they were called were just everywhere. Some cars looked like they just took a bath in them cuz it was just that bad. It made me not want to drive my car since you were gauranteed to get bugs spattered all over it. Just thought about that as i read what you said. Sorry to get off topic.
                          I remember that too. Oh yea, my wife & I drove up to Houston for a Corvette GTG/Cruise event. The "love bugs" were in full force. Kind of spoiled the cruise.

Comment

ah i didnt notice you were from Buda. I drive through there every time i go back home for a visit. Kind of just passes you by though with not much there on highway 21.

Comment

Originally posted by defectiveAggie
                              ah i didnt notice you were from Buda. I drive through there every time i go back home for a visit. Kind of just passes you by though with not much there on highway 21.
                              True, not much on Hwy21. Well, the IH35 stretch along Buda is growing, thats for sure. A Cabellos Sporting Goods is almost ready for business, along with other stores & restaurants to follow.

I bought a house in Buda about 7 years ago, before the H.E.B grocery store was built. So, I've seen some commerce growth. I grew up in Austin and I'm a city boy at heart. Moved to Buda for the school system back before my two sons were in Jr. High School. They are now in there early-mid 20's. Oops, I have a B-day tomorrow. Time stops for no one. In fact, better get off the PC and go to work.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');