• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today was my ride day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today was my ride day

I haven't posted to many pics of my ride. Here you go.

It was a nice and relaxing task. No deadline or rushing. Wash and interior day only, no polish or wax.

Products used
    Hyper Wash Very nice wash soap.
    Hyper-Dressing Interior trim
    All Season Dressing Wheel wells
    All Purpose Cleaner Tires and wells
    Glass Cleaner Concentrate
    NXT Insane Tire Shine Nice product. I've never used an aerosol to apply dressing. The angled spray is easy to control.
    Ultimate Wipe Can't forget the go to Micros
    303 Protectant (for plastic bed covers)

Looking good. What work did you do to the interior? Is hyper wash the replacement for D21 car wash soap?

Eric
    Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Looks good! You don't have a photo with the HD on the interior?
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Your truck looks fantastic. You do some great work.

Comment

Thank you travisdecpn!

I like a clean looking interior rather than shiny. The ratio I use for HD gives me the exact result I'm looking for.

And just one of the tire and well area. I've kept them clean since day one and its a snap to clean now.

Comment

Originally posted by Teak
            Looking good. What work did you do to the interior? Is hyper wash the replacement for D21 car wash soap?

Eric
            I got the hyper wash to replace the NXT soap I was using. I like how the Hyper wash is metered better than the NXT. Very good sudding action and its very easy to rinse off.

I'm not sure what the hyper wash is replacing if anything.

Thanks
            Last edited by scrub; Feb 12, 2005, 03:44 PM.

Comment

scrub... I agree the interior looks great nice and clean! I don't like a high gloss interior... yours is perfect! Thanks for the interior shots~

What to you use on you exterior plastic, bed cover/bed rails/bumpers?

My goal is to get some more detailer line products. Seems like a less expensive way to go if you use a fair amount of product and there really are some good products in that line!
              Last edited by gb387; Feb 12, 2005, 04:04 PM.
              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Looks great inside and out! I really like the look of the Insane Tire Shine on the tires! Ditto what you said about the angled spray too. I have no slinging at all with the Insane Tire Shine.

RamAirV1
                2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

For exterior trim... Well that changes weekly. Normally I don't dress exterior trim, especially clients. Now I'm going to start dressing trim. The reason I don't like to dress trim is it doesn't last, it washes away in rain leaving a bigger mess, and I don't see clients frequently enough to keep the trim maintained.

For bumper trim and the plastic around the back of the truck I normally use ASD. The rear trim on the Avalanche has a fading problem so I'm using 303 dressing that has UV protection.

I agree the detailer line is the way to go.

Thanks for the positive comments!

Comment

Hi thee Scrub ..I really love that Ride of you and great detaling Job!!!

Comment

Is the insane tire shine as shiny as it looks in the pictures? Does it dry to the touch? Have you experience sling in your limited use of the product? Is insane shine buffable to a reduced shine as the aerosol and angled spray sound like good idea.

Eric
                      Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Good questions...

The picture is of the tire untouched after spraying and waiting about an hour.

Hold on and let me check if it's still well greasy. I'm back and its still "wet" or greasy.

ZERO sling Nice!

I just buffed off one tire and it left the shine but removed the bulk of dressing that was there. I guess I should have done that and reduced the amount applied. Like I said this was my first time with an aerosol dressing.

All in all I like the speed factor of using aerosol dressing.

Thanks great questions.

Comment

looks great, so many leaves on the tree's already in SC huh. ?

Comment

Well the leaves never really fell off some trees this year. This was like the perfect winter to run a detail shop full time. Very mild winter. I worked all the way through winter until mid Jan freeze.

Thanks for reply.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');