• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20 vs 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 vs 26

Over at BobistheOilGuy someone ask what best for winter protection given that he's going to choose between wax or sealant from a detailing shop.. (Patman, about nine messages down from top)

His question:
    the detail shop I go to charges $59 for their "wash and wax", which is Meguiar's #26. But for $99 you can get their "paint sealant" package, which is Meguiar's #20.
    I drive my 98 Corvette in winter, so it sees a lot of road salt, and I'm wondering if I will get better protection by doing one coat of #20 to last me the entire winter, or if I get them to do one coat of #26 now, and then one more coat of #26 in 6-8 weeks. I'm leaning towards the two coats of #26.
    Any thoughts?

Tell him to turn his Corvette keys in! He doesn't deserve to own it if he is driving it in snow and salt!

Comment

well it depends

for one both are great quality and highly recommend but depending on his paint condition which if he goes for wash and wax only then your better off doing #20 sealant since it has a light cleaner in it i think if im not mistaken 26 is a pure wax and doesnt have no cleaners so this need to be preped....also if your looking for more durability then looks then again #20.... also just a suggestion you might want two thin coats of either one he decides..just a thought

also a recommendation he should purchase a pc/g100 and do all the detailing himself results vary but it will look alot better
      Miguel

"What you become directly influences what you get"

Comment

Hey,

One of my all time favorite combos for over 20 years has been Meg's #20 topped with #26. But if you have to make a choice for winter, I would choose the #20 as it will definitely outlast the #26. Plus, the look it provides is awesome! The #26 adds a slight more warmth to the finish.

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');