• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to re-attach 6.5" foam to velcro backing pad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to re-attach 6.5" foam to velcro backing pad?

If there is anyone still looking for a way to re-attach their velcro backing pads to the 6.5" foam pads here is what I did.... I purchased some "Aleene's ORIGINAL Tacky Glue" and glued the velcro back on the foam, leaving it sit overnight with a phonebook on it. I have only used it once sice I fixed it but it has worked rather well. It seems to have bonded well and its still flexible, the glue is very thick so it did not soak into the foam. Hope this helps!

I found "Aleene's ORIGINAL Tacky Glue" at walmart in the fabric area, its in a gold bottle and sells only for a dollar or two.

Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Did you spread it out with a flat stick or something?
    r. b.

Comment

I have used industrial strength epoxy on a few of mine back when I was detailing full time. After a thorough epoxy gluing, it never failed until the foam was worn out.

Our new pads have a new adhesive so they shouldn't fail under normal conditions.

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
        Did you spread it out with a flat stick or something?
        It just squeezed out the sides and spread out on its own. Only about half the pad had some off. I wash py pads by hand from time to time so I will have to see how it holds up.
        Brandon

Comment

Glad I found this thread. Tried washing out an 8006 today. Used a mild dawn solution. Velcro did not come all the way off but about 1/3 did and will likely come off after the next usage.
          Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Its not the perfect fix but it lasts me about 6 uses.
            Brandon

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');