• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Almost lost my temper tonight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost lost my temper tonight.

Stopped by the Sheetz for coffee tonight. Got my coffee and came out to notice some knothead found it necessary to throw his drink all over the side of my truck.

I was boiling mad. I guess it was a good thing that he was not there as it would not likely have been pretty.

I walked back inside and asked the folks for a bucket and access to the mop sink. I threw several buckets of water on it, then ran down to the car wash and hit it lightly with a pressure washer. Came to work then QDed the area.

I wasn't worried so much about the paint as I was all the sticky goop running down behind the window seals and causing dirty streaky windows for the next few weeks.

Probably some kid trying to show off for his buddies.
    Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Sorry to hear about this Jeff, luckily the same punk didn't key your finish at the same time. At least in this case you were able to fix the problem with no permanent damage.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
      Sorry to hear about this Jeff, luckily the same punk didn't key your finish at the same time. At least in this case you were able to fix the problem with no permanent damage.
      Yep, No apparent issues. Definately makes one wonder about people though.
      Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Sorry to read about that.Im guessing jealousy has alot to do with stuff like that.
        2007 Mustang GT/CS white 5sp. named Cali
        Show Car Detail

Comment

Hey Jeff,

Sorry to hear about some jerk doing that to your truck! People get really jealous, and it brings out the worst in them.

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Yeah kids my age dont take into consideration the value of things because their parents buy them everything. They dont know the true value of someone stuff until they have to buy it them selves.

Glad to hear you have no lasting damage done.

Comment

In our area there is an apparently organized group going after the Starbucks chain. I don't know why that is but they have done everything from breaking the stores windows, spray painting the doors to gluing their locks shut. They also have taken to tossing orange juice on peoples cars who frequent the place. The cops are there every week or two. I don't go there any more so I guess they win. The store set up surveillance cameras but it hasn't slowed things down. Is this purely a local thing or has anyone else seen this in their area?
              Jim
              My Gallery

Comment

Jeff,

I hate to say this, but that is the type of thing that happens everywhere. I guess people just don't like for others to have anything. Everytime that something has happened to my truck, it was after it was freshly waxed.

Back in highschool, people would purposefully smudge my tailgate and doors after I'd just spent alot of time cleaning my truck. It's difficult enough to keep a black chevy clean in eastern kentucky, but darn near impossible when others show their rear-ends.

There is one thing to remember though. All of the waxing and polishing that we do, esp. you Jeff, pays off when someone tries to mess up your paint to no avail. I guess it sorta leaves you with the last laugh, as they didn't succeed in messing up yours.

Keep

Comment

On Good Friday at midnight I was on my way home. A couple high schoolers going in the opposite direction tossed an egg out at my car. After a brief chase (they were already moving at a good clip, couldnt catch them... also the cops in my area are speeder-catching rent-a-cops), I hopped out and inspected/quick detailed the area to remove the egg.

The egg had landed on the single stage portion above the driver side window, and it tore small chunks of paint off when it hit. I was uber mad. I guess its time to learn how to use touch up paint.
                  Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
                  Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

I something similar happen to a Mustang SVO I once had. I had the sun roof poped open while I was parked at my girlfriends house. When I came out, someone tried to dance on it to break in, when they couldn't they poured coke all over the outside and inside. Police said it was probably just kids, like that is an excuse. Age isn't an reason to get away with bad behavior.
                    WW - Shinin' On

Comment

Jeff,

Sorry to here about your incident but my least couple of weeks have not been great either, van was hit in the parking lot at Superfresh. Of course the person did not stay around and no one saw a thing, $1642.00 estimate. The next day the wife was pulling into the garage and scraped the door frame, $364.00 repair estimate. Can't wait to see if we get our class !

Oh well, stuff happens !

Comment

some people don't have respect for other peoples property these days. it's a shame...

Comment

Several years ago I walked out to get something out of an old Volvo I used to own. As I approached, I thought there was a smoldering fire in the car. What had happened was that I had left the front window open an inch or two, and some idiot got a bag of flour and well, you know the rest. It drifted and settled into places that never got totally clean. Years later it would occasionally still come out of various vents when changing fan speeds.

Comment

Jeff- Glad it wasn't worse and that you kept your cool. Remember that once you lose your temper you're not the one in control (of yourself or the situation).

[Accumulator's most exotic car got keyed down to metal by persons unknown back in the mid-'90s ]
                            Practical Perfectionist

Comment

sorry to hear about it but ya some people around my are are just don't care about other people property

lol the only thing that has ever happened to my car was someone thought i would be funny to lift up the windsheild wipers .. no biggie
                              ...but then again it did also happen on a day with freezing rain so some one else must have been looking out for my car
                              Patrick Yu
                              2003 Honda Accord
                              2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');