• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thousands dollar detail job.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thousands dollar detail job.....

Ever used $10,500 US wax? This guy has. This person details expensive cars. Worth checking out. Check out what items he uses.

so would anyone like to explain whats all the things hes doing to this maserati.... and is it actually worth all that money for a detail job?

I think just as many of us in here are practially that car crazy.
    Maybe not using $10,500 wax, but Meguiar's is just as good and we are willing to wax as many as times as it takes. Besides, no one in here would dare to RUB our cars with bare hands like that! ahhh! But it must be nice to work on nice cars like that.

Comment

rich people just assume because hes using a fancy wax and many steps and charges high prices he's good.

I think he'd be inflicting more scratches that I would when I wash my car. I dont touch it near as much as he did. I bet I can get the same results and use #21 and have the wax hold up just as long for about $100 not including labor of course.

Comment

meguiars' stuff will get 95% (or more) of the results for less than 1% the cost.

thats what makes meguiars great.

oh, and that maserati MC12 is essentially a ferrari enzo with a different body and trident badge on it. its a big deal
        Lancer Evolution VIII
        I4T

Comment

It says that wax lasts six months. That is implying that his cars are only waxed twice a year. Most of us are more car crazy than that. He didn't even mention using a QD every day, or using a car duster. Not much maintenance there.

Like SIRIUSrimz said, people think he's good just because he charges extremely high prices.

Given the price of the wax, I'm betting it's Zymol. I'll take the #21 topped with NXT Paste any day. Or #20 topped with #26.

Maybe it's just me, but I would not take a pressure washer to my paint either.

Pretty slick job of marketing on his part though.

RamAirV1
          2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

You know what is funny? He considers cleaning the wheels a single step. Sorry but cleaning the wheels is part of the washing the car step. Breaking it down into individual steps like that is pure marketing.

I am sure he does excellent work and if you do a 3 day concours level detail you should be well compensated but the $5000 wax is a huge waste of money, IMO.

I'd put Mike Phillips or Joe (Superior Shine) using all Meguiars products up against this guy any day of the week.
            Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

I would have to agree with Scottwax! Joe is probably wayy better than this guy

lol i've seen this video hundreds of times
              the first time i saw it was on here then on detail city then on autopia

Patrick Yu
              2003 Honda Accord
              2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

I really wonder which products he's using. I thought Zymöl was somewhat the most expensive one when it comes to autocare products but their most expensive wax is £57 which is about $100 USD I think...
                showroomglaze.net

Comment

Originally posted by madsekci
                  I really wonder which products he's using. I thought Zymöl was somewhat the most expensive one when it comes to autocare products but their most expensive wax is £57 which is about $100 USD I think...
                  These have been discussed before, so I hope I don't take this thread to a different level, but Zymol makes some crazy high priced waxes...

Hand-Crafted Naturally Derived Surface Care Products

Also, Zymol actually recommends applying waxes by hand... literally. Its part of their gimmick (or whatever you wanna call it... ultra-high end waxes that are applied in an entirely unique way to appeal to those with more money than sense. But think of it this way, if you owned a $500,000 Ferrari, would you feel satisfied with a $13 bottle of NXT? These guys gotta feel special, even if the cost isn't justified.

Comment

woops my bad - thanks for the correction kpagel - though it's crazy to realize that people are actually willing to spend so much money on car wax.
                    showroomglaze.net

Comment

i think its safe to say we are all jealous =D.

think about it, everyone here who says they would rather put NXT and #21 on their car over a $5000 wax.......is in denial

Comment

Originally posted by specr89
                        i think its safe to say we are all jealous =D.

think about it, everyone here who says they would rather put NXT and #21 on their car over a $5000 wax.......is in denial
                        Ill admit it.. Im envious. Id just love to work on one of those cars. However...

Anyone who would be willing to spend $5000 on wax vs NXT..... is uneducated.
                        ----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
                        561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
                        --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
                        --

Comment

I do wish that they were my clients lol
                          and after i watched that, I really wanted to apply wax by hand

but i could not find any #26 paste
                          Patrick Yu
                          2003 Honda Accord
                          2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');