• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#80 In Action..here is one for Mike P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #80 In Action..here is one for Mike P

So today detail was a 03 F150 Supercrew...funny it looked exactly like mine, except it had two tone black and gold, and mine is silver.

So it was pretty heavily swirled, and I thought for sure I was going to be at it with #83 then #80, but I tried the #80 first...as I have been told by the Master.

Here is before the #80

I was amazed. #80 removed much more than I expected. In fact when I did a second step over the #80 with some #5, well there wasn't much diference, but where I went inot the unpolished paint, well the #5 took the swirls away too.

Anywhere here is the same spot, after #80 and #21.

And here is the whole thing.

It is really great to have the whole thing work as advertised. Many time I have been frustrasted felling that I should be able to remove more.

Today was a good day.

Rotary or PC? Either way it shows #80 really works!
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

PC all the way. I have yet to venture into the world f the rotary. I figure if I can't fix it with what I have, then I'll tell the owner up front. So far no issues.

Comment

The student has become the master...

Great work!
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by inthedetails
          PC all the way. I have yet to venture into the world f the rotary. I figure if I can't fix it with what I have, then I'll tell the owner up front. So far no issues.
          Kind of the same boat I am in…. I only detail a few vehicle here and there for other people. There is a guy at work who wants me to do his benz but I have been avoiding it for fear it needs a rotary, the paint looks very similar to the truck you worked on.
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

yeah that looks awesome.

so for a swirl job to remove swirls what the best process.

80 then 21

like do you still have clay and everything else. (ie. clay, paint polish, polish, 80, 21 wax, etc...)

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by TrufflePig
              yeah that looks awesome.

so for a swirl job to remove swirls what the best process.

80 then 21

like do you still have clay and everything else. (ie. clay, paint polish, polish, 80, 21 wax, etc...)

cheers
              Yes..

#80 is a paint cleaner and polish

Looks like this:

Wash
              Clay
              2 coats of your fav Meg's wax (#20, #21, NXT Tech Wax, GC wax)

Or: If you wanted to use a pure polish

Wash
              Clay
              #7 or DC2
              2 coats of your fav Meg's wax
              Last edited by Magic; May 4, 2006, 01:48 PM.
              Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

Looks great! That's the same combo I used on my goat, but I didn't have that many swirls. #80 is my go to cleaner/polish. I save #83 for the really bad swirls or etch marks.

RamAirV1
                2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Wow! That looks amazing man! Will #80 be strong enough to remove some embedded water spots on my g/f's black Focus? That #80 did a number on the swirl marks, so it has me wondering me about the water spots. Great work again on the truck!
                  2016 Focus ST

Comment

In my limited experience, and from what I have read hear, water spots are a job for the rotary.

This was definitely a case of different paint, different experience.

I did a green Toyota on Sat that was no where near as swirled. It took #83 and #7 to make it look pretty and then I topped it with #21.

I'll see if I can find the pictures.

Like I said, I think I could have removed most of them with the #7 on this truck. I went with the #80 because I wanted to try and remove some of the other defects too.

And Mike,

Thanks for the compliment, but hardly the Master.......more like the able bodied apprentice.

Comment

good worK!
                      BMW Carbon Black '99 Dakota R/T (Click Here)

Comment

Yes, nice job. I am coming to realize that #80 is quite a fine product to have in ones arsenal. Never would have ordered the #83 if I knew how good the #80 worked.
                        "I am good at many things, but I am not great at anything"
                        Michael Maduske-2006

For Crazy MCM Motorsports Movies, Visit:
                        www.mcmmotorsports.com

Comment

Originally posted by mcmmotorsports
                          Yes, nice job. I am coming to realize that #80 is quite a fine product to have in ones arsenal. Never would have ordered the #83 if I knew how good the #80 worked.
                          The #83 is good to have around though for the more severe problems like water spot etching and bird dropping damage.

But I go to #80 first. My PBE said it's their number one selling product. After using it I now understand why!

RamAirV1
                          2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');