• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surface comes out streaky and oily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surface comes out streaky and oily

Process was #80 via PCw8006, #07via hand, #21 via hand, #26 via hand. Everything was wiped with brand new MicroFibers.

I noticed after the apply the 21, that when I wiped it off I could see dark streaks on the paint in the same circular motion as I applied it. I let the 21 set up for 30-35 minutes before wiping off. I used QD and another mf to remove the majority of these dark streaks.

Then I applied 26 by hand, let it set up for about 20 minutes then wiped away. There was minor dark streaks that I had to again QD and wipe away. When I pulled the vehicle in the sun I noticed the entier surface of the car appeared to be covered in an oily/streaky grease. Switching to another brand new mf, I wiped, but all it did was change the direction of the streaking. It would not pick it up. I used QD, to no avial.

Whats going on?
    Let's make all of the cars shiny!

What was the humidity?

I find that on hot, humid days, detailing dark cars, the LSP tends to streak a bit.

I use cool water in a spray bottle, mist the panel and wipe down the panel with microfiber towels to eliminate the "streakiness"
    Meguiar's Fire/Rescue/EMS, member of the Church of the Highly Reflective Finish!
    Waxworks Automotive Detailing

Comment

The humidity was high (don't know ther reading) but it is Florida....

Comment

Wow...Deja Vue.

I had this same problem yesterday on a Black STS. It only happened on the hood, but I was able to eventually get rid of it by apply NXT spray wax and immediately buffing it off, almost like a Detailer Spray.

It was humid here, but not terribly so.

Comment

I find the "streakiness" occurs on paintwork that is dark blue, dark green, red and of course...black... and only on the horizontal surfaces.
          Meguiar's Fire/Rescue/EMS, member of the Church of the Highly Reflective Finish!
          Waxworks Automotive Detailing

Comment

I think its the 21..I had the same problem when I first applied it, it looked kinda "greasy" I just left it and the next time I washed it was gone.

Comment

I understand how washing it will remove it, but since I was doing a customer's car and he was paying north of 250, I didn't feel like telling him just to wash it. Any ideas?

Comment

Wow!! I had exactly the same thing happen on a black Dakota last tuesday with nxt. I wanted to write in but couldnt quite think how to describe it. It was very hot and humid here . I thought maybe I applied it to heavy but is the answer just to avoid humid days.

Comment

I have had it happen with NXT also. Although a good hard rubbing usually made it go away.

Comment

Maybe its time to consider Klasse instead of 21? I seriously need a solution for I'm gonna have to switch. I cannot have results like this, my customers deserve more. The worst part is, this gentleman had 4 other cars he wanted detailed by the end of next week, and I haven't heard back from him (he is usually prompt). So as it stands (though not for sure) I could be out 1000 or more.

Comment

Originally posted by TH0001
                      The humidity was high (don't know ther reading) but it is Florida....
                      Did you start to freak out? Somebody coming for their car and you can't get the streaks out!
                      Had this yesterday (Saturday) and two other times with NXT Tech Wax. Probably would be the same with any wax???

And yeah, South Florida

Comment

Maybe try "lifting" it with a MF, like patting it down you know? Looks like when you try to wipe it, you're just pushing it around. Try to pat it off. Hopefully you get what I'm trying to say.

Comment

LOL slick, I tried that too, no success....

Monk, what did you do?

Comment

I have seen this also, with both M21 or NXT and specially in dark colors. Don´t know what is the cause though. Try using a little less of the product and work it until there is almost none in the applicator, I have been able to correct it by doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by TH0001
                              LOL slick, I tried that too, no success....

Monk, what did you do?
                              I just kept going around and around the car changing the MF (refolding then getting a new one) until it didn't show anymore.

This was horizontal and vertical surfaces. I had done the whole car up with 80 and wax about a month ago, so this was just wash and wax--no other products to confuse the issue. Also, FWIW, this was hand apply, and hand remove. I don't know what it looks like today.
                              Last edited by Monk; Jun 4, 2006, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');