• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

98 Formula... DETAILED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 Formula... DETAILED!

When I arrived I was taken by surprise because the car was reaaaallllly dirty and had a ton of water spots on the left side, including the chrome wheels.

Unfortunately I jumped the gun and sprayed the front end before I remembered to take before pics. I did get some pics of the water spots though. Also.. I ran out of daylight so all the after shots are in the garage under flourecent (sp?) lighting. I did manage to get a few nice reflection shots, though. The customer, a friend of mine, is going to email me a few day shots from today.

Turned out great considering its 100,000 mile original paint.

Before:

After:

BEFORE WAX! After a loooooooong polishing session!

WAX ON......

WAX OFF.......

----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
    561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
    --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
    --

wooo hooo....love black !!....Great job....
    Bill Poirier
    West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Thanks!

I forgot to post my process..

All via G100

-Wash with GC.
      -Clayed with QD and Pinnacle Poly Clay.
      -#83 x 1 and x 2 in some areas.
      -#80 x 1.
      -#26 x 1.
      -Removed #26 by Megs bonnet and G100.
      -Flitz metal polish for chrome wheels and exhaust tips.
      -GC tire dressing.
      -APC+ on interior and carpet.
      -Natural Shine on dash, consol, doors.
      -Stoner Glass cleaner for glass.

#26 became my favorite Megs wax during this job. Its just a phenominal product!
      --

Comment

Looks awesome! Mike was telling me the F-bodies have super hard paint.

I tried the DA with the 8006 pad and #80 on my 2001 Z28 a few days ago. The 80 removed some very light swirls, but overall it wasn't that great. I just ordered some 83 from ADS. Should the 83 work better on our f-bodies? Apply and work it the same way as the 80?
        /Keith
        2001 LT Tahoe | Hybrid Wheels - Depo Headlights with DDM HID's (55w @ 4.5k) - Clear Corners - Sonar LED Tail Lights (Red Smoked)

www.LakeMeadOnline.com

Comment

man do i miss my trans am!!!! hopefully next summer i will own another

Comment

Wow, you can really see how the #26 brought out the DEPTH and RICHNESS of the black paint!

Jeff

Comment

Thanks for the compliments, guys. The #26 brought depth like Ive never seen. After removing from the first panel I told the car owner "#26 just became my favorite wax." He thought I meant like recently... I had to tell him that right that second, removing from his car, it became my favorite.

Kman.. the F-body paint is IMO pretty hard. My SS took a LOT of work to fix up.. and this one did too. As for the #83.. yep.. just work it like you do #80.
              --

Comment

Originally posted by 35th Anniversary SS
                #26 became my favorite Megs wax during this job. Its just a phenomenal product!
                M26 is a great wax and we would put it up against any of the results created by any of the higher priced boutique waxes costing $40.00, $50.00, even hundreds and thousands of dollars more.

Nice work, nice write-up, great pictures showing your process.

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Kman
                  Looks awesome! Mike was telling me the F-bodies have super hard paint.

I tried the DA with the 8006 pad and #80 on my 2001 Z28 a few days ago. The 80 removed some very light swirls, but overall it wasn't that great. I just ordered some 83 from ADS. Should the 83 work better on our f-bodies? Apply and work it the same way as the 80?
                  H Keith,

While we never make blanket statements about the hardness or softness of the paint on specific cars because you just never know what you have to work with until you go out into the garage and start trying some different products to see what it will take.

That said, I have personally found the factory paint on newer Carmaro's to be just as hard as the factory paint used on newer Corvettes and Vipers. Or put it this way, I have yet to work on a newer Corvette or Viper with paint that the swirls and scratches were easy to work out using a dual action polisher or by hand.

When you go to work with the M83 on your Z28, just follow the techniques we taught you at our Wednesday night class and follow this up with a pass using M80 and then you can follow this with wax.
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by 35th Anniversary SS
                    Thanks for the compliments, guys. The #26 brought depth like Ive never seen. After removing from the first panel I told the car owner "#26 just became my favorite wax." He thought I meant like recently... I had to tell him that right that second, removing from his car, it became my favorite.

Kman.. the F-body paint is IMO pretty hard. My SS took a LOT of work to fix up.. and this one did too. As for the #83.. yep.. just work it like you do #80.
                    Alright sounds good. My favorite is still #7 or DCP followed up with #26. After I wipe off the #26, I let the car sit in the garage over night. In the morning, it seems like it gets twice as wet looking. I love #26.

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                    H Keith,

While we never make blanket statements about the hardness or softness of the paint on specific cars because you just never know what you have to work with until you go out into the garage and start trying some different products to see what it will take.

That said, I have personally found the factory paint on newer Carmaro's to be just as hard as the factory paint used on newer Corvettes and Vipers. Or put it this way, I have yet to work on a newer Corvette or Viper with paint that the swirls and scratches were easy to work out using a dual action polisher or by hand.

When you go to work with the M83 on your Z28, just follow the techniques we taught you at our Wednesday night class and follow this up with a pass using M80 and then you can follow this with wax.
                    Thanks Mike.
                    /Keith
                    2001 LT Tahoe | Hybrid Wheels - Depo Headlights with DDM HID's (55w @ 4.5k) - Clear Corners - Sonar LED Tail Lights (Red Smoked)

www.LakeMeadOnline.com

Comment

Wow, looks great

Yeah sure looks like that #26 really gave the paint a deep glow!
                      "Now Biff... make sure that we get two coats of wax this time..."
                      - Back To The Future

Comment

I just put a coat of #26 over the two coats of NXT I did last week. The shine is honestly ridiculous.
                        /Keith

www.LakeMeadOnline.com

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');