• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to use Scratch X - a little hint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use Scratch X - a little hint

I just want to share my experience I have with Scratch X.
    To get rid of those scratches I use some cottonwool & Scratch X. I use the cottonwool for about 30 sec on the scratch. (a combination of circular motions and straight-line motions)
    Work the product against the finish until it looks as you have almost run out of product. Then wipe it of with a Ultimate Wipe Detailing Cloth. Then re-apply and repeat the process.
    The cottonwool works much better as a clean foam applicator pad. And prevents you from getting blisters

Greetz.

Last edited by The Eagle; Apr 11, 2005, 12:21 PM.
    NXToholic

Very interesting. Did you notice any scratching or marring from the cottonwool?

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hi Mike, no not at all. Not once. I use cottonwool which I bought in a autorepair shop. But I guess cottonwool bought in a
      pharmacy is as good.

Greetz
      NXToholic

Comment

what does the cottomwool package look like? would it last me at least 1 whole car?

Comment

Hi Ben, I'll post you a picture tomorrow!

One package will do nicely (although it depends on the car's size) and it's cheap.

Greetz
          NXToholic

Comment

As promised.
            Btw, I forgot to mention that's it is really easy to know when to stop polishing; when the piece of cottonwool begins making those "whoop whoop" sounds. Wipe off, check the result, if not happy re-apply and repeat the proces. I tend to use one side of the cottonwool not more then 4 times. The 5th time I turn it over and start using a fresh side.

I just want to add that the piece of cottonwool I tend to use is about the size of a square of 2 inch by 2. With two or three fingers I move the cottonwool over the scratches. I use some "heavy" pressure untill I hear the "whoop whoop" sound.
            You never hear me say that this is a wipe on/whipe off product but using it this way it works like a charme.

Greetz

Last edited by The Eagle; Apr 11, 2005, 12:20 PM.
            NXToholic

Comment

What is cotton wool??? Is it like cotton balls that you can get at a drug store????

My 300zx Gallery

My 350Z
              My 1967 Chevy II Nova

Comment

Hi Pat, that's correct. It's like cottonwool balls you can buy at a drugstore.

Greetz
                NXToholic

Comment

awesome, i'll go take some from my mom's medicine cabinate...

Comment

Hi Ben, please let us know what you think of it.

(Btw: I added some info in my post of dec 19th.)

Greetz
                    NXToholic

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');