• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toyota 4X4 Interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota 4X4 Interior

Today was an interior day. The owner uses this truck for a mud boggin truck. The truck is in bad shape. The owner was pleased with the progress made. The door panel turned out better than I thought.

The products

APC
    PC w/brush
    Hot water extractor
    I also used Compressed air for all the sand buried in the carpet.

Looks good!

I also used Compressed air for all the sand buried in the carpet.
    Never thought of that... might have to give it a try.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Compressed air works but the sand and dust goes everywhere. I'm still digging sand from my ears, hair, nose, eyes (even with safety glasses) and teeth. Not to mention that the dust/sand collects on the dash board and on the exterior of the vehicle. Still its a quick way to get the sand out.

Comment

Wow, that's looks good, nice job getting rid of all the mud buildup. He really stripped the inside of that thing out, no center console or armrests on the door.

Comment

It was helpful. Wish I could do that with all cars.

Comment

That truck is about the same year model as mine, except it's 4 wheel drive, but I have to do the same thing this summer, I'm gonna get my seats recovered in leather and get some new carpet. I love how simple the interior is in toyotas.

Comment

You did an awesome job on the interior!!
              2003 Mach 1
              Azure Blue
              5 speed/IUP
              2007 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD Off-Road
              KY Horsepower

Comment

looks good, I need a good extractor
                Chopped 55 Suburban
                99 3.0 CL
                Family cars:
                1958 Eldo Biarrittz Vert
                48 Merc Woody - a true sleeper
                New project: 67 Sunbeam Tiger
                Newest project: 66 Mustang Vert

Comment

What kind of hot water extractor do you have?
                  I assume the APC offered some help too.
                  The color difference from the before to the after is amazing.
                  Nice Job.

Comment

Thank you for the support everyone.

The color is a bit off due to white balance changes from the sun peeking from behind the clouds. But the stains were removed none the less.

Now for the extractor. I did some research but didn't want to spend a bunch of cash for one. I really wanted a heated machine and the Li'l green machine just wasn't cutting it.

I ordered the machine from here. Aztec Direct. I ordered the machine with a 50 foot cord and 16 foot hose with a stainless attachment.

This site will give you the price. I didn't order from these folks but here is the idea of the prices.

Vapor Clean Products

I learned of the machine from TOGWT. He replied to this thread. Judging by his posts (since I think he's a genius!) I really trust his opinion on things. He recommended and I researched and liked what I saw.

The machine does have quirks like you can't heat and vacuum at the same time. No biggy though.

Yes the extractor helps but so does the process. The APC with the PC really helps pull the stains. Add the hot water from the extractor, that helps activate the APC (so I have read from the boards). The hot water aids in super fast drying times too.

If you like this post take a look at this one too. Floor mat Extreme Makeover? (lots of pics)

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');