• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scratch X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratch X

Whats the equivalent of scratch-x in the proffessional line that can be used with a buffer? Thank you
    The truck is not supposed to get from point "A" to point "B", the truck is the point.

That's difficult to answer. Scratch is very effective depending on the size of the area you're working, how much you work the product, and the amount of "passion" (pressure) used. [edited to change aggressive to effective. 4-20-05]

Depending on the specific defect your trying to work out the answer could be #83, or #80. I assume you'd be using the DA polisher correct. Again the size of the area, arm speed, and downward pressure will affect the strength of the polish used. In addition to the hardness of the paint your working with. Try the least aggressive polish first to see if you can remove the defect. If not step up to a more abrasive polish. The more aggressive polish might leave a haze behind that will need a finer polish and pad to remove.

I've had trouble removing small localized defects with the PC as it can't generate the pressure required to abrade the paint. This is where Scratch steps in nicely for small areas.

That's the best answer I can come up with. Hope that helps!
    Last edited by scrub; Apr 20, 2005, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Yes, Thank You
      The truck is not supposed to get from point "A" to point "B", the truck is the point.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');