• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Proper Detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Proper Detail

I bought my 2002 Renault Clio 172 in January and I promised myself I would look after it and keep it looking great. During my research I found out about Meguiars and have since been washing it weekly with NXT wash, a Meguiars sheepskin wash mitt and drying with a Meguiars WW.

After these weekly washes it looked like the paint was in good condition but felt a bit rough so I figured it needed claying. Yesterday I decided to give it the full treatment (by hand):

Before:

As You can see from the picture the paint doesn't look too bad, just a bit dirty. Anyway I did the following:

1. Washed with NXT wash.
    2. Dried using Meguiars WW drying towel.
    3. Clayed using Quik Clay.
    4. Cleaned using Clear Coat Body Scrub.
    5. Used some Scratch X on some isolated scratches.
    6. Polished using DC #2.
    7. Waxed using NXT.
    8. Applied NXT Tech Protectant to plastcic trim.

After:

The wheels and tyres weren't in bad shape either:

Wheel Before:

But I used Hot Rims on the wheels and Hot Shine on the tyres.

Wheel After:

Overall I'm pretty happy with the results (even if it did take about 7 hours!), the paint does have some fine swirls (that can only be seen in the bright sun) that I didn't get out. I will be getting a PC in about 6 weeks when a friend from the US is bringing one over for me so I'll probably try some #80 when I get it.

Looks great!

Someone is bringing you a pc form the US.... Thats great you will be very happy with it. It not only will make things easier for you but you car will look just that much better.

Mr. 3000!
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

tremendous effort, looks really nice.

John.
      www.detail-city.tk

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');