• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quik Interior Detailer G-13616 ~ Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quik Interior Detailer G-13616 ~ Review

Well I just got a chance to try Meguiars NEW Quik Interior Detailer.

First Impressions:
    Its in the standard easy to use Meguiars 16oz bottle with the fine mist type sprayer from the exterior Quik Detailer.

I didn't like the smell straight out of the bottle seemed rather strong, can't quite pinpoint the type of smell.

Application/Use:
    I sprayed the product directly on on a Supreme Shine Microfiber and wiped my entire dash, door, overhead storage and steering wheel.

I then applied it to a 100% cotton towel (didn't want to stain my new Meg's towels) and wiped the dirtier areas down this included the door step in area, door seals and gas/break pedals.

End Results:
    Once it was applied the smell seemed to tone way down and left a slight smell, not bad at all somthing anyone could live with.

It removed the dust and dirt well, you could see it on the towels. There was no greasy feel like you can get from a traditional protectant. It left a nice matte finish, didn't seem to add shine, just left a nice clean looking finish, it was just about right for me.

As for the gas/brake pedals it cleaned them very well and did not leave a slick or greasy, surface so its perfect for them!

Overall Impression:
    I really like this product. I think its a keeper in my garage. It did exactly what the bottle said. Its very easy to use! Seems that there is going to be more than enough applications for your money.

This is what I used:

Here is a shot of the end results:

Two

Brandon
    Last edited by gb387; Apr 16, 2005, 05:36 PM.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Looks really nice!

Now, clean that towel out really good and use it on the paint!
    Boss_429

Comment

Just a quick update... I continue to use QID and have been very happy with it, leaves the look I want on my interior surfaces. I apply it with and old cotton towel as it seems you don't need a high quality towel to apply the product.

Great idea and great product!

Brandon

Comment

I used this today for the second time. I have been neglecting my interior due to focusing on gettng the exterior well protected for winter.

Anyway, I noticed something today that I did notice on the first application that I had forgotten about. I have these "Metal Look" plastic handles and trim package in my Honda Rigdeline's Interior. Something I have noticed is that after using this product on these areas, fingerprint smudge marks are not only instantly removed, but also do not show again for a few weeks. These areas on my truck are notorious for showing fingerprints. One of them is actually a handle/handgrip for the door. It's always smeared up with hand prints. This stuff is great for that.
        Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

LOL...I use those same floormats in my 03 L.

Comment

Originally posted by Emig5m
            LOL...I use those same floormats in my 03 L.
            They work very well... keeping all the sand/water/dirt off the carpet. Wouldn't be without them!
            Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
              They work very well... keeping all the sand/water/dirt off the carpet. Wouldn't be without them!
              Yup, exactly. Funny thing is, I have my carpet mats underneath them....think I'm going to take them out, what's the point if you're using the rubber mats?

Comment

does QID, have any protecting properties?

and UV protection?

Comment

yes it does have UV protection but please note that it is very very limited

i tired it for the first time yestersay and it works great in conjuntion with Natural Shine
                  Patrick Yu
                  2003 Honda Accord
                  2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Interior detailer is top notch in my book.

Comment

Re: Quik Interior Detailer G-13616 ~ Review

Sorry to dig up an old thread...I love QID. I just got a bottle Natural Shine and will be using that now. I wanted more UV protection.

Quick question: will QID remove Natural Shine?

I was planning on using QID for quick maintenance. I normally spray it on my mf towel to give it some tack (and avoid getting any on windows) and then wipe down.

Comment

Re: Quik Interior Detailer G-13616 ~ Review

Originally posted by emaxxman View Post
                        Sorry to dig up an old thread...I love QID. I just got a bottle Natural Shine and will be using that now. I wanted more UV protection.

Quick question: will QID remove Natural Shine?

I was planning on using QID for quick maintenance. I normally spray it on my mf towel to give it some tack (and avoid getting any on windows) and then wipe down.
                        I would say it will remove the Natural Shine as QID is a interior cleaner.
                        Brandon

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');