• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun Day at Meguiar's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun Day at Meguiar's!

Fun Day at Meguiar's!

And the fun begins!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Well the last few die-hards just left, we had some amazing transformations which I'll try to post some pictures of on Monday.

We hope everyone had a great time as I know Tim, Shane, Jose and I had a lot of fun... and we didn't see one rain drop!

Time to clean up and head home...

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

thanks mike for today!

Here are the products I tried out today that I'm sold on:

#39 Heavy Duty Vinyl cleaner + Triple Duty Detail Brush = restored moldings

#84 Compound Power Cleaner (works much better than #4 on clearcoats)

#80 Speed Glaze (I like it b/c it doesn't gum up as 83 does with the rotary)

Heavy Duty Carpet & Interior Cleaner (works awesome as a quick carpet cleaner and has a nice scent)

btw, thanks for showing me how to "scoop" up product with the rotary!
        Detail enthusiast from bimmerforums.com
        machines: Porter Cable 7336 DA and 7428 rotary
        Favorite products: Meguiars: #83, #80, NXT techwax, All-metal restorer. Other brands: 1Z PP, S100 wax, Stoner Invisible Glass, Klasse AIO.

Comment

Mike, and entire Meguiar's team, THANKS for a great day, it was one of the best to be able to try so many different products. Sorry I had to leave early, let's do this every 6 months.
          Again, thanks for the help, use of the products and all the help
          Ira
          "3RDTOY"

Comment

Finally got to try the elusive Hyper Dressing on my wife's '97 CR-V and wow, the engine looks like it just rolled off the assembly line and all I did was sprits it on and let it dry. Also, love that thing you call "The Mop", had to order one. It has an extendable handle to let me clean the top of the CR-V. The new interior brushes also worked out great cleaning the pebly plastic door sill with all the scuff marks without a problem. Also the slide brush for cleaning the dirt on the a/c vents and around knobs was wonderful. Sprayed the interior down with the order remover, that helped reduce the old car smell.

Comment

Mike, had a blast and I actually did a full detail on my girlfriend's Honda Accord. George thank's for helping me out with the initial car wash and claying session. M-80 and Nxt seem to be the winning ticket for that blue metalic paint. Can't wait for the next Meguiar's Fun Day at . Cool weather and crowd and of course food and soft drink's. List of product's used in this detail were 1. NXT Glass Cleaner 2. NXT Insane Shine 3. Meguiar's consumer line clay bar. 4. M-80-32 Speed Glaze 5. NXT Paste Wax 6. Meguiar's Ascent Spray Dressing 7. Meguiar's Detailer Line All Purpose Cleaner 8. Meguiar's consumer line Wheel Cleaner. 9. NXT Insane Tire Dressing 10. Meguiar's Tire Cleaner Spray Can. 11. Meguiar's Micro-fiber wipes. 12. Makita Rotary buffer was used with M-80 and W-8006 pad approximate speed 1300 rpm wet buff.

Comment

I had a blast and learned a lot! I would say that my most favorite tools were the Insane tire shine, the swivel car wash mitt, and the little brush with the 3 different tips on it. I also got my car to stand out like never before with the #80 and then with the NXT Tech wax! My top also looked great after treating it to some #40 and then a good wipe down for an all natural matted look. Thanks to all the good guys at Meguiars for all their hard work to make this event happen! Two thumbs up guys

The food and drinks are also great! I was surprised all the sodas and water ran out, there's usually lots of drinks left over. But everybody was working so hard and the heat came down later in the afternoon. WoW this event rocked, words cannot describe how happy I am with the results!
                Cars are one of the greatest inventions evah!

Comment

Another fun experience at Meguiars. I had the opportunity to try out many of the new products. I really like the new car wash "mop". With the long pole connected to it, cleaning the roof as well as low sections on the cars was a breeze. No balancing on the wheels or down on your knee's to wash.
                  I also had the opportunity to test out the new #2. Though skeptical at first, I was extremely impressed with the results. Impressed to the level that I think I might like it more than #80. In addition the new gold class waffle weave drying towels are wonderful. I have been using one form another company for a few years which was substantially more expensive to the Meguiars one. The performance was not even close. The Meguiars towel absorbed much more water, was easy to ring out, and left a better finish. I will be replacing my old one soon.

Thanks to Mike and the guys from the customer care team. Another great event.

Comment

Blast! Fun Day event!

Big thanks to Meguiar's, Mike Phillips, and stuff for Fun Day event. It was "FUN", and great for us to try out their new products in real world.

Hyper Dressing

Better than NEW!!

I love "Hyper Dressing", I didn't know how HD works until I saw Honda CR-V, I ordered a gallon right away!!

My MINI has 40,000 miles on it, and engine compartment's never been this good. I can't believe that, love Fun Day at Meguiar's!
                    oh..Did I mention "GREAT PIZZA"?

03 MINI BRG/BLK CVT - SOLD | 08 Black WRX - FAST!

Comment

To Mike and all the maguire guys, thanks for a great day.. It was nice to meet all of you at this detailing class. I picked up on some more tips on detailing and cant wait till I am able to clean and detail my cars once again. It was kinda frustrating for me just to watch as Im one to get in on detailing of my cars. Thanks to you and the other guests for helping my husband detail my mach 1. You guys are all great. A bunch of cool looking cars there too. Lets see we ordered the small brush, the tire brush, the tire cleaners and shiner and nxt detailing spray and a few other items. I forgot to get the mop and engine spray but that will be on the next order. The other day I got the tire conditioner and the leather conditioner. Thanks agin for a great day. April The Vettelady.

Comment

Here is the shot my friend "corvetmike" is working hard on his parent's car,
                        and I have never seen better looking BUICK

03 MINI BRG/BLK CVT - SOLD | 08 Black WRX - FAST!

Comment

wish I could of made it. Looked like a blast!
                          Chopped 55 Suburban
                          99 3.0 CL
                          Family cars:
                          1958 Eldo Biarrittz Vert
                          48 Merc Woody - a true sleeper
                          New project: 67 Sunbeam Tiger
                          Newest project: 66 Mustang Vert

Comment

Hey guys/gals -

A big thanks to Mike and the crew from Meguiars. I had an awesome day.

I almost didn't bring the NSX out because of fear of the rain (the super sticky, summer tread tires don't like rain at all) but thought... it's clear... go for it.

It ended up being an awesome day. I was merely hoping to wash the car and get some ideas of how to handle a black car and I ended up getting a clay, polish, and wax out of it.

Special thanks to Joe, Chris and Paul for really, really helping me out yesterday. Not only did I get some good tips but these guys just jumped on the car and did a fantastic job.

It's funny because when I finally got home my wife said (as I predicted ) "what the heck took you so long?" I took her out to the driveway and she couldn't believe how great the NSX looked. The paint is so clear, so deep and so shiny. We took about a dozen photos of a car that we've already photographed a hundred times since taking ownership!!!!

It really looks awesome and honestly... I think Meguiars has earned another customer. This kind of customer service, friendly attitude and just basically good people is exactly the kind of company that I want to buy from. Kudos guys. Kudos.

To top the day off... I jumped in the shower and took the car (not the NSX ) out to the Big A to watch my boys put the beat down on the A's. Best part.... no rain!!!!

Just an awesome day. Thanks again to everyone. I enjoyed it, saw some awesome cars (the '82 Vette is unbelievable), met some very cool people, and my car looks better than brand new.

Much mahalos -

Christian Asis
                            Keep the Shiny Side Up!

Comment

Re: Blast! Fun Day event!

Originally posted by cafemoc
                              Big thanks to Meguiar's, Mike Phillips, and stuff for Fun Day event. It was "FUN", and great for us to try out their new products in real world.

Hyper Dressing

Better than NEW!!

I love "Hyper Dressing", I didn't know how HD works until I saw Honda CR-V, I ordered a gallon right away!!

My MINI has 40,000 miles on it, and engine compartment's never been this good. I can't believe that, love Fun Day at Meguiar's!
                              oh..Did I mention "GREAT PIZZA"?

Please share your process on this engine. Very very nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');