• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who says NXT looses its look!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who says NXT looses its look!?!?

Well I had some extra time off the long hours at work to pamper my truck a little. Really just a good cleaning and wash with Gold Class Shampoo. Here are the shots, I applied #80/#81/NXTx2 on 5/3/2005. Not all that long ago but still looks great!

Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

love the look of NXT on Black,,, nice truck you got there.

some have had success with NXT's durability...some have not..

is your SVT still slick and slippery to the touch?? jus wonderin'.

for me, NXT still shines on, but doesnt feel like its still there/protecting

Comment

Man there is something about looking at those Lightnings that just makes me feel like I am flying. And the black with NXT on it is just icing on the best cake in town. Great pics.
        If a man talks in a forest, and there is no woman there to hear him, .... is he still wrong?

Comment

What I did notice is that when you use nxt spraywax after washing, you get more durability from the techwax itself, and more shine!
          People who know cars know meguiars!

Comment

gb387,

Sweet truck, I have been admiring it from some of the other posts. The reflections are amazing - makes me almost want to get another black truck.....almost

G-

Comment

Originally posted by Erik
              What I did notice is that when you use nxt spraywax after washing, you get more durability from the techwax itself, and more shine!
              Do you use the Spray Booster Wax on a wet or dry surface after washing?

My current strategy is to use the SBW after every wash. Seems to be working very well.

I tried using it on a wet surface but it was not a time saver, and in some spots it was hard to remove, so I went back to dry surface application.

Normally when I rinse my car off, it doesn't have much water left on it anyway.

gb387, the Lightning looks great as usual. I think using the #81 adds a lot to the depth and reflectivity on black. I don't use #81 as much on my Impulse Blue. I used it all the time on the black TA though.

RamAirV1
              2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
              2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

The truck looks outstanding gb, even after many washings.
                r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
                  The truck looks outstanding gb, even after many washings.
                  I didn't mention that but it has 10-14 washes (about 2 a week) since the detail and tons of rain this spring.

I have not used any Spray Booster Wax since the detail.

karll... I will check how slick it is after my next wash, still seems slick as the water likes to sheet off after a wash and bead up during a rain.
                  Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                  Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Nice result! I too apply NXT Booster Spray Wax after each car wash to get the slick feel. It doesn't take long to apply and it's easy to buff away when you apply extra thin film. If time doesn't not permit, I will just do horizontal panels only.
                    zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Very nice! NXT is one of my favorite LSPs on black.
                      Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');