• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egged black BMW - follow up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egged black BMW - follow up

The subject car is a 2004 black BMW 3 series. It was hit with one egg on the drivers side rear door with the mess traveling forward to the front door and fender. The point of impact was not fixable and you can see that there are a number of scratches on the 2 doors. I believe the scratches came when the owner tried to wash the egg off in the car wash. There was also egg still in the weather striping.

The point of impact damage was like it got cut with a hundred razor blades. In the end the customer was very pleased.

Pix below.

Point of initial impact

As you can see there are also some nasty scratches. The other side of the car did not have these scratches.

Final result doesn't look too bad.

Point of impact after repair. Still there but less visible.

One last after pic

Last edited by RDVT4ME; Aug 29, 2005, 02:44 PM.
    -Bob
    NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Yep... that's what paint looks like when a thrown egg causes damage.

Good work Bob!
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Nice job man... I can't stand it when people (kids) have no respect for other peoples property.
      Rangerpowersports.com
      Ranger72

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger72
        Nice job man... I can't stand it when people (kids) have no respect for other peoples property.
        i agree with that... i can`t stand that too.. too much experience with that but Bob the work youve done this far... it improved a lot compared to the pics before you layed your hands on it.

Comment

thanks u just answered this question that was in my mind for hella long... i had this strange circular mark on the door of my dads van and had always wondered wat made it..... god i wanna just take those nasty nieghbors we had who keyed and egged my dads van and shoot them.... it just happened to be parked next to the parking lot entrance most of the time so those pesky kids thought it'd be funny to vandalize it.... think only way to fix it now is to respray the area the scratchs are.... wonder y this doesnt happen in other countries that ive seen.... kids here have no respect....

Comment

Great job! What did you use (both products and machine)?

-Lindsey
            If your not driving fast, your driving half-a**ed!

F150 4X4

Comment

Thanks!!!!

First a thorough washing, then clayed it with Meguiars mild clay (the blue one).

Then I used #83 with a polishing pad on my makita rotary. Followed up with #80 and a polishing pad on the DA. Then some NXT.
              -Bob

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Hey Bob,

Is it not amazing how much damage an egg can cause??!!! Great work on repairing the majority of the damage!!

Tim
                Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
                  Hey Bob,

Is it not amazing how much damage an egg can cause??!!! Great work on repairing the majority of the damage!!

Tim
                  Yep, lots of damage. The owner, a very nice young woman, was completly grossed out by all the egg....it was in everything. The mirror was a real mess. I spent a bit of time just cleaning out all the egg that had gotten into the small areas.
                  Last edited by RDVT4ME; Aug 29, 2005, 04:33 PM.
                  -Bob

Comment

Originally posted by benhui86
                    .... wonder y this doesnt happen in other countries that ive seen.... kids here have no respect....
                    Respect has to be taught to every child with parents setting the example. Unfortunately, our society we live in here frowns on teaching respect.
                    r. b.

Comment

Oops, pushed the wrong button.
                      Last edited by RDVT4ME; Aug 29, 2005, 04:34 PM.
                      -Bob

Comment

Well, today I learned something new.

I've encountered that curious circular damage on 5-6 vehicles over time. I always blamed it on some sort of 'crop circle damage'.

I think the impact damage is from the shell, but how much damage is done by the albumin/protein?

Jim
                        If it was easy, everybody'd be doing it!

www.jimmybuffit.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Buffit
                          I think the impact damage is from the shell, but how much damage is done by the albumin/protein?

Jim
                          The last time I had my car egged, the paint was stained on 3 panels. Not sure what kind of wax I had on it then.
                          r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Buffit
                            Well, today I learned something new.

I've encountered that curious circular damage on 5-6 vehicles over time. I always blamed it on some sort of 'crop circle damage'.

Jim
                            What I saw on this car was that the black was dull. It did buff back nicely and looks good. The egging happened during the night and the owner went to a car wash the new morning. I did not find any long term problem other than the paint damage from the initial impact.
                            -Bob

Comment

btw wat was ur process for the repair?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');