• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to clean microfiber cloth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to clean microfiber cloth

Originally posted by Jokeman View Post
    Last time I tossed in my junk Costco version towels, I used some xtra detergent, woolite and Meg's Pro Super Degreaser. They came out VERY clean.

I wash the Costco towels separate from my Meg's towel's.

I do almost the same thing but skip the detergent and the woolite, just using super degreaser. I use about 3 caps in a small load of HOT water and the MF 's come out like new.

HTH,
    Life isn't about 'weathering the storm', it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by EAT HEMI View Post
      I follow your procedure exactly.

The chemistry behind it is logical. Vinegar is an acid, soaps are slightly alkaline. That should yield water and a salt as the by-product. I'd just make sure you rinse after the vinegar step. (I too rinse until the water is crystal clear)

I am no chemist however!
      Yeah, I use vinegar in the rinse cycle of the wash, then keep rinsing with just water.

Comment

We go through about 50-100 MF per week. For each bucket of MF towels I put in at least 10-20 capfuls of Kirkland detergent, which I get at Costco for about $12 per 96 (regular clothes) load container. I then start to fill the bucket with hot water and start adding the towels, filling with enough hot water to cover. I then stir this up with a shortened broom handle.

Here's my tip for getting these clean as possible, I let them pre-soak for a minimum of 48 hours and sometimes longer, stirring them at least twice a day.

Next, the buckets are dumped into a basin to drain and then put in the washer with another 5-10 capfuls of the detergent. We try and turn the dial back at least twice before the wash cycle is finished to extend it.

After the final rinse and spin dry, the machine is reset to wash, but no detergent is added. This allows a total of three rinses to occur. Then into the dryer. They come out very clean for commercially used MF's and seem to be pretty much residue free. Next load I'll try the vinegar.

Comment

I toss in washer with 1/2 cup oxy and whatever detergent using at the time and dry on medium high.

For the greasy ones ( seperate ones I use ) I will soak in bucket with a cup of Simple Green and about 1/2 gal water for cple hours...then drain and wash with solution above
          WrightDetail
          The Wright Way
          2007 Chevy HHR
          2008 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 1500

Comment

Originally posted by WrightDetail View Post
            For the greasy ones ( seperate ones I use ) I will soak in bucket with a cup of Simple Green and about 1/2 gal water for cple hours...then drain and wash with solution above
            I do the same. I actually have a handful of towels in a bucket right now.

Comment

q
              Last edited by RacerX88; Jun 22, 2008, 06:12 PM. Reason: Old thread... my reply can be deleted.
              Rob A.
              '09 Kia Optima (Bronze Metallic)
              '07 Kia Optima (Gold)

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');