• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Inspection vs. Quick Detailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Inspection vs. Quick Detailer

My experience has always been that Final Inspection is slicker and more rich than quick detailer. Would someone please enlighten us as to the chemical differences and recommended usage of these two similar yet very different products. I am planning on buying a gallon worth of final inspection because it is the best stuff I know with which to clean my car in light dust conditions. Its actually fun and easy to use, as well, and smells good too.
    Alexandra

Your question about Quik Detailer and Final Inspection is a common one. Both of these products are designed to be use in the same way. Example: remove fresh bird droppings, light dust, finger prints. As far as chemical differences, that is something only Meguir's chemist and Mr. Meguiar know. Because the Final Inspection is in our professional line, it will have a higher quality blend of ingredients.

As for getting better results, you will find people along both lines of products that swear theres gives the best reults. So, I guess my advice is. If you have used both and perfer the Final Inspection, keep using it, If you use either Final Inspection or Quik Detailer and you go through several 16oz. bottles a month. I would recommed that you look into getting the Final Inspection in the gallon size.

I prefer the smell of M34 also!!!

Comment

Personal preference here, I've used both, but if you can get your hands on a gallon of Final Detail from the detailer line you will probably like it better. It works just a little tiny bit better than final inspection in my opinion and does not haze at all. I'm working on my second gallon already and it is great stuff. Only issue is you have to find a source of it. I believe the meguiars minimum order is 4 gallons of anything in the detailer line. I'm lucky enough to have a guy locally who buys it in bulk and sells it in any size you want.

Best part is it smells like bubble gum so you kinda get a little buzz off of that while clay barring your car in an enclosed garage.

One other little trick I've learned too, after washing get the car mostly dry and then spray a little final detail on it and finish the dry with a micro fiber, just makes it that much better.
      Later,
      Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
      Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

I would say you're going to get more of a gloss from the Quik Detailer due to the silicones in it. Final Inspection is body shop safe i.e. free of silicones.

However, as mentioned, if you're not concerned about the silicones aspect, Final Detail is definitely the way to go. It works like a charm, and will add that extra "POP" after applying your topper of choice.

BTW, Final Detail can be purchased at Premium Auto Care by the gallon for ~$17.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');