• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polished headlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polished headlight

The pics are from my Winter car, a 99 Grand Am, so the headlight has had 7 years of Maine Winter abuse.
    Wetsanded with Meguiar's sanding papers, polished out with the rotary and plast-x and finished with some plast-x by hand. Didnt come out too bad but I think I will go at it again when I have some more time.

Before

After

Looks nice!

I try and keep mine waxed. It helps make the bugs slide off a bit easier in the summer and the snow and salt in the winter.
    2000 Nissan Maxima
    2005 Nissan Xterra

Comment

wow that head light is crystal clear!

good job!
      Patrick Yu
      2003 Honda Accord
      2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Re: Polished headlight

Hi friends.. just a few tips, don't worry about Buying Meguiars sandpaper, just go to online industiral supply and you can get a huge discount for the same sandpaper grit. Also, the headlight covers still look a little blotted in the picture. They look great don't get me wrong but I think that it could do with some more working in. Try turtle's new rubbing and polishing compound. It might just do the trick to get it really clear.

Comment

This thread is almost a year old.
          Lydia's Mobile Detailing
          Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
          2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

The thread may be a year old. However he still did a good job on the headlightcover. Big improvement.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
              The thread may be a year old. However he still did a good job on the headlightcover. Big improvement.
              darn right, the info never should "expire"
              Luck is probability taken personally!

Comment

Lol I agree. The reason I posted that was because headlightpro decided to revive it to suggest the thread starter should use some off brand sand paper, and Turtle Wax's rubbing and polishing compound on the headlight.
                Lydia's Mobile Detailing
                Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
                2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');