• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

00' Atlantic Blue Jetta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 00' Atlantic Blue Jetta

Had my first chance to experience how hard VW CC is! This one took almost 8 hours total for exterior and interior somehow. Someone had keyed the right side of the car, both doors and front fender as you'll see in the pics, but most of it wasn't down to primer so its 75% gone now. I'll let the pics do the talkin.

Exterior
    Wash
    Clayed
    SSR2.5 on LC Orange pad
    Megs #9 on LC White pad
    Klasse SG
    S100
    Wheels sealed with SG as well
    Black Magic on tires
    Stoners IG on windows

Interior
    Vaccum interior
    Carpets cleaned w/ mixture of Woolight, extracted with BLGM
    Interior plastic + vinyl cleaned and dressed with 303 Aerospace

You can see the area thats been keyed in this pic

Befores

After SSR2.5

After Megs #9 (Didn't focus well on the light or paint)

Hard at work of course! :buffing:

Afters

Comment

Comment

Clean those wheel wells!

Otherwise looks like a great turnaround.

Comment

Originally posted by soss
          Clean those wheel wells!

Otherwise looks like a great turnaround.
          He is right. Stands out like a sore thumb man. My customers can't believe that I clean them on their rides but love it! They tell me they never get them done as well as door jams.

Can you believe it?!?!?

Justin
          www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

what did you use on behind the door handles?
            Trust me...Your patience will be rewarded...

Comment

car looks great!

wow i am supprised that the LGM did such an amazing job on the floor mats
              Patrick Yu
              2003 Honda Accord
              2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

This belongs in the Extreme Makeovers forum! Excellent results! But I concur with the others, wheel wells need attention.
                Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
                Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

IMPRESSIVE INDEED!!!

looks awesome. great before and after shots make it all worth it.

GOOD WORK!!!

that's a pretty sweet reflection shot as well you got going on there mate.

good on ya

Comment

Thanks, I can't believe I forgot the wells! Usually I get em done, then dress them with the tires, but I guess I was preoccupied with something that day. She was amazed at how much of the scratch I took out though, and what I used under the door handles was the same as the rest of the car. SSR2.5 on a light cutting pad, then #9 on a polishing pad.

Comment

How deep were them key marks? Could you feel them with your finger or nail? I have some deep ones and guy i work with detailed and seen my car and said they can't come out. They look almost like yours. How did you get them out? Thanks.

Comment

Some parts were fairly light to medium, then there were parts down to the primer, which is that little V part left on the fender, and a bit on the doors. I could feel almost all of it with my finger, but some parts only with my nail. I just used SSR 2.5 on a light cutting pad and worked the area for a bit longer than the rest of the car, seemed to work well.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');