• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2hotford, AKA Tim - Where have you gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2hotford, AKA Tim - Where have you gone?

2hotford where have you gone ~ are you fishing? Haven't seen you post in sometime. Hope all is alright!
    Brandon
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

maybe he is on a long trip..or vacation

Comment

Tim Lingor aka 2hotford has resigned as our Super Moderator here on Meguiar's Online. For those that don't know, Tim has been the Super Moderator here on MOL since MOL went live in January of 2004, (about 2.5 years), and has been a major factor behind the success of this forum, as well as the always friendly atmosphere.

By his own estimation, he figured he invested approximately 25 hours a week of his time into working on the forum. A lot of times you would never see what he was doing. For example, yesterday he sent me an e-mail pointing out the commercial link in a post on this page,

Owners: how long before the biz became your ONE source of income?

So that I could remove it because I had not seen it as of yet. It's hard to say how many more commercial links have gone unnoticed or without having been removed since Tim resigned.

Commercial links in the body of a message or in your signature line are against the forum rules on this forum and almost every other forum with any meaning that I've been on.

But this is the kind of work Tim would do behind the scenes, that no one would ever really know he was doing, which would enable me to focus on answering questions.

Besides the policing, moderating and regular forum maintenance, (moving posts, bad language, helping Newbies, etc.), Tim also wrote awesome reviews that helped people to know more about a product without ever trying it. His most popular review is also the most viewed thread on this forum, which is a review for M21 with 279 replies and over 31,000 views.

Meguiar's NEW #21 Synthetic Sealant!

It's hard to say how many people purchased M21 based upon reading this thread, but I'm sure it's been a lot.

The position has never been a paid position, but instead a volunteer position. We did send Tim products shipped free for his own use over this period of time he's been our Super Moderator, but there has come the time where Tim has had to take a hard look at the time he invests into the forum and weight this against the reward and the alternative and Tim decided it was in his best interest and the interest of his family to resign from the position and invest his time somewhere else.

I'll let Tim chime in if he wants to add his own comments.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear that! He has done an outstanding job we will certainly miss him! I can see how time consuming it is and a desire to reallocate some of that time.

And that thread on #21 made me a believer. Plus the suggestion to top it with NXT Paste was huge. Best combination ever!

Tim, be sure to come back and visit often!

RamAirV1
        Last edited by RamAirV1; May 26, 2006, 06:35 AM.
        2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Comment

Wow, I didn't know that Tim had stepped down.

I know it takes a lot of time and dedication to do what he did here, and ShowCarGarage...Plus he did it with an upbeat, tireless attitude. I was amazed at the intelligent detail that he would put into his threads and posts.

Thanks for making me a better detailer Tim.
            r. b.

Comment

Bummer! Hope you check in every once in a while. Tim you taught me a lot!
              I still have much to learn.
              Thank you for your efforts here at MOL.
              MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
                I know it takes a lot of time and dedication to do what he did here, and ShowCarGarage...Plus he did it with an upbeat, tireless attitude.

.......... and for FREE!
                Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Wow i didn't know tim steped down eather..
                  Patrick Yu
                  2003 Honda Accord
                  2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');