• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diluting Wheel Brightener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diluting Wheel Brightener

I've read that WB should be diluted 4:1 and it's still pretty strong at that rate. At 4:1, how does it compare to Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner at that dilution rate?

Hot Rims wheel cleaner is probably stronger than what I need on a regular basis since I now wash the wheels on a fairly regular basis. Heck, most of the time, car soap and wash sponge are more than enough. However, I like the wheel cleaner spray because it makes it so much faster when you're in a rush.

I'm also looking for a low cost wheel cleaner solution that can also be used regularly on clear coated OEM wheels.

Can I dilute WB at 6:1 (or even 8:1) to reduce the harshness of the cleaner but also still have a quality cleaner for light brake dust buildup?

Thanks in advance.

I would also be interested since I now pretty much just use car wash soap and water. However, I would not mind diluting Wheel Brighter also I know this cleaner is really strong so caution must be taken.

Comment

I am a pro auto detail and we have cleaned tousands of wheels and the absolutly best wheel cleaner is ..........................
      Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

SOAP AND WATER
        Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine
          SOAP AND WATER
          Ya know.. I NEVER grasped the whole wheel brightener/cleaner thing. Ive always thought it was a waste of money to have a dedicated wheel cleaner when youre already soaping the car down when washing.

The only thing I do for wheels is I keep a seperate wash mitt to clean wheels and I wash them AFTER going over the car twice with the bucket of soapy water. If needing a light polish I use a Flitz ball and metal polish.
          ----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
          561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
          --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
          --

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine
            SOAP AND WATER
            I agree.... not to say wheel cleaners are never needed, I just prefer the old fashioned soap and water.... dry then some Last Touch to finish up and add some gloss.
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
              I agree.... not to say wheel cleaners are never needed, I just prefer the old fashioned soap and water.... dry then some Last Touch to finish up and add some gloss.

as well. There's really no need to use a wheel cleaner every time you wash your car. Car wash soap is almost as effective on regularly cleaned wheels. To make your wheels easier to clean, first clean them with a wheel cleaner and then seal them with #21 or NXT. This will prevent the brake dust from sticking and make them easier to clean up. Plus, they'll look better!

Comment

Re: Diluting Wheel Brightener

i don´t know guys, but here in in my area there´s no way you could keep wheels clean with soap and water, unless you wash them twice a day..

I use WB 4:1, use brush, rinse, then wash w/soap and wheel brush (for dirty wheels)

I use Quik Wheel detailer for recently cleaned wheels (always in my trunk with MF towel
                Have also tried WB 1:0 on some dead wheels, did not ruin them. I do however not recommend this to anyone. Just wanted to try
                Arctic Detailing - Northern Norway
                Facebook site http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...12239962147393

1996´AUDI S6 AVANT QUATTRO
                00`S6 tip 92´S4q, 97´S6q, 97´A4q, 02´A4q, 76´ Audi50

Comment

I usually use soap and water but in extreme cases I sure use WB

Comment

WB has to be the best wheel cleaner I've ever used for heavy dirty wheels. I don't know why but the pads on my sisters Astra leave so much dust that I have to use WB on the wheels. Mildly dirty wheels I use soap and water.
                    The Best Last Step, is the step backwards you take to admire your work!
                    Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                    If you use #7 on your car, you're not in good company... you're in GREAT company!

Comment

as long as soap and water can clean those wheels, and it should, if you wash you car every 1-2 weeks, that's what you should use...

Comment

When I had my WRX Impreza I put on a set of Axxis Ultimate brake pads(high performance) I understood that they would dust more than stock, but I did not realize how much more until one week later. My BBS wheels were totally black like I spray painted them with flat black paint. I tried soap and water, many OTC wheel cleaners, and finally WB. WB was the only thing that broke the brake dust down to a point that I could clean them normally. Once the from Axxis pads were used I put on a set of bobcats and the dusting was reduced by 98%. WB has its place and I don't always use it now only when it is needed.

Andrew
                        2013 Race Red F-150 SCREW

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');